It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
(male)

Mirko HB User
prostatitis uncureable???

Just seen that it has no cure and it repeats itself every month after curing is this really true? I'd suicide rather than living like this..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
(male)

Robbie B HB User
Smile Re: prostatitis uncureable???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Just seen that it has no cure and it repeats itself every month after curing is this really true? I'd suicide rather than living like this..
Proctalgia fugax
Proctalgia fugax is a severe, cramp-like pain, deep in the anal canal. It usually lasts for a few seconds or minutes, but can sometimes last for up to half an hour. Between attacks there is no pain at all. Most sufferers have only 5 or 6 attacks a year. You may feel a need to defecate urgently, but nothing happens. It may even make you feel dizzy, or give you a headache. It occurs in both men and women. The pain often wakes sufferers at night, and men may have an erection at the same time. Some men experience it after sex. It is a mysterious condition; no one knows what causes it, but it is probably a spasm of the rectal or pelvic floor muscles and does not mean that you have anything seriously wrong. There are various methods of relieving the pain.
Try putting pressure on the perineum (the area between the back passage and the vagina or base of the penis) by sitting on the edge of your bath or on a tennis ball.
Sit in hot water or, alternatively, apply some ice.
Two paracetamol (acetaminophen) tablets and a hot drink may give some relief.
The problem with medications for proctalgia fugax is that the episode is likely to be over before the drugs become active, but medication might be worth trying if your attacks last a long time. The usual treatment is the asthma drug salbutamol, inhaled from a puffer at the start of the attack (Gastroenterology 2006;130:1510–8). This is only available on prescription, for which you would need to see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply