It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User
Do you think this is prostitus?

Starting about 2 weeks ago, I developed a strange feeling in my penis. Not painful, but certainly uncormfortable. This led to a few nights of little or no sleep. Also, my frequency of urination increased, and after urination there'd always be some extra drips of urine.

At the time I panicked that it might be an STD, but my test came back negative, so the feeling in my penis wasn't related to that. As time went by, I also started to get sick (a short term fever (less than 12 hours)), crazy dreams in the night, lack of appetite). I'm not sure these are related to my penis problems or not.

The doctor didn't do tests, but told me it might be prostitus. He told me it can also lead to lower back pain, which I do have. He advised me not to drink for 3 weeks and the pain will go away. I'm just wondering if this is prostitus, and if I should get some medication? My penis feels like 99% now, but my back is still a little painful and I'm still feeling a little sick.

Thanks.
Johnno

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
(male)

TKIGuy HB User
Re: Do you think this is prostitus?

You got exposed to something and your body is fighting it off. The problem with prostate infection is that they tend to clear up symptom wise but never really go away and have a way of showing up down the road. There is not a ton you can do if you are healing up. You could take a course of antibiotics but without proper culture you are shooting blind and hoping you take the right antibiotic for the infection. If overall you are healing up then just try to eat real healthy and exercise to support your immune system and hope it clears itself out. If the symptoms linger get to a urologist and ask for cultures to be done to determine if there is a germ they can isolate and treat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply