It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
(male)

IkeH HB User
Red face 23 year old with prostatitis?

OK had a prostatitis about a year ago when I was 22.

There was just loads of frequent urination (at least once an hour), dribbling, weak stream, tons of nocturia.

Took Cipro for four weeks and it vanished mostly. Kept having bad nocturia. Saw urologist, he put me on oxybutynin, saying it was a spastic bladder muscle that was irrititated by the prostatitis.

A few months (July 2012) later I notice that symptoms are slowly starting to come back. Eventually, I get extreme pain in the bladder much unlike the first time where there was no pain.

Alas, prostatitis again.

The pain goes away after like a day on Cipro. Yet a month of cipro still doesn't get rid of symptoms 100%, doc insists its overactive bladder.

I had another flare up of prostatitis 2 weeks ago (bladder pain). Cipro took care of pain in like 2 days. I still have dribbling and a weak stream though. Doctor doubts that there's a bacterial infection left (doesn't think it's chronic bacterial prostatitis because it lingers longer and doesn't disappear after a day or two of cipro, he said) and is instead telling me to take anti-inflammatorys and to do sitz baths.

Does that work for anyone else? He said the prostate is definitely inflamed, he's just not sure bacterial infection is the culprit.

Anyone else have this issue? Do sitz baths help? What could it be if it's not bacterial? Chronic non-bacterial prostatits? But if it's chronic why does the pain disappear in like a day or two on cipro?

Thanks so much. This affliction is horrible. I haven have trouble getting an erection sometimes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
(male)

danielhardy HB User
Re: 23 year old with prostatitis?

This is basically exactly what has happened to me over the past 6 months. I have been prescribed uribel, and enablex.

I don't really have many issues during the day. I probably go more than the average person but its normally after I drink a lot of water.

My real issue is sometimes I wake up about 5 hours after I fall asleep with an erection and have to urinate and then constantly have to urinate after that and basically can't sleep. I don't think the medicine helps with it because I have taken it right before bed many times. Why does it take 5 hours to kick in and what is with the erection?

Should I not even ride a bike to work? Does that really affect it that much?Its only 6 blocks. i don't eat chocolate or caffeine and drink on weekends but it doesn't really affect me then.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
(male)

Mud Flap HB User
Re: 23 year old with prostatitis?

Daniel Hardy

There are prostate-friendly bicycle seats. Or, ride your bike without sitting on the seat, standing up, for a week. Try giving up caffeine and alcohol for a few weeks to see if it helps. Its not an instant flare-up sometimes. For instance, if I drink too much on Saturday night, I won't feel the effects for a couple of days. It'll hit me on Tuesday or Wednesday instead.

Reply Reply