It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
(male)

coreyr HB User
i think I have prostatitis confirm plz

I think I have prostatitis but before I go to doc n feel like a hyperchondriac can you tell me if it sounds like I'm right. As a child (im 24)I had many surgeries and had to endure Foley catheters on multiple occasions. I have had pain when I urinate for so long I endure it and it never feels like i completely empty. Its Not excruciating just uncomfortable. I also have difficult bowel movements. The bowel is small but is always difficult to excrete and feels like I'm removing a bolder. For the past year I'd occasionally wake up in lain in my lower back. I thought its my bed I'm just fat or its my diet. But ive recently discoveres masterbating also triggers the pain. It is in my back and lower stomach. Its getting so bad I now vomit from the pain. I take a muscle relaxed which relieves the pain enough I can sleep and then I wake up and like clockwork I let out a large painless bowel movement. I'm sorry for the details but Id desperately. Like an answer

Last edited by coreyr; 12-04-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: i think I have prostatitis confirm plz

It sounds like you'd probably need antibiotics for your current UTI/prostatitis, but for future prevention or more mild cases, you might find some good effect from cranberry. Cranberry helps prevent yeast and bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract. Quitting eating uncultured dairy (milk & cream) and sweets helps too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with this. I'd be interested to hear what your doc said.
How long ago did you have the catheters inserted? They can cause infections in the urinary tract and can also cause strictures which are the development of scar tissue in the urethra. They can cause burning when urinating and difficulty urinating. If you have an infection of the prostate gland, it should be resolved with a long course of antibiotics.
Good luck.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with this. I'd be interested to hear what your doc said.
How long ago did you have the catheters inserted? They can cause infections in the urinary tract and can also cause strictures which are the development of scar tissue in the urethra. They can cause burning when urinating and difficulty urinating. If you have an infection of the prostate gland, it should be resolved with a long course of antibiotics.
Good luck.

Last edited by sebinkent; 01-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
(male)

coreyr HB User

ER Doctor said prostatitis I've had pains since then after taking antibiotics. I am going to my urologist on wednesday to see what he thinks. But I fear its Chronic Non-bacterial and if I'm right no cure The pain is so intense i cant even cry it hurts so bad.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Hi Coreyr,

As I said, if a doctor suspects bacterial prostatitis, then antibiotics will work but it might take a some time to kill the infection. Non - bacterial prostatitis is a very vague diagnosis and it's just another name that has been given to a complex pelvic pain syndrome. I have been suffering with this but pain isn't really one of my symptoms - thank god! I have problems urinating (frequency, hesitancy, urgency) but this doesn't have anything specifically to do with my prostate. The pain you feel may not have anything to do with your prostate either but could be something to do with the nerves and muscles in your pelvic floor. I'm not a doctor but I have done a lot of research on this..

Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
(male)

sebinkent HB User

Hi Coreyr,

As I said, if a doctor suspects bacterial prostatitis, then antibiotics will work but it might take a some time to kill the infection. Non - bacterial prostatitis is a very vague diagnosis and it's just another name that has been given to a complex pelvic pain syndrome. I have been suffering with this but pain isn't really one of my symptoms - thank god! I have problems urinating (frequency, hesitancy, urgency) but this doesn't have anything specifically to do with my prostate. The pain you feel may not have anything to do with your prostate either but could be something to do with the nerves and muscles in your pelvic floor. I'm not a doctor but I have done a lot of research on this..

Reply Reply