It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

lexer HB User
Do I have Prostatitis ?

i have eppididimytis in my left testicle..its swollen and i have a hydrocele. not painful but maybe a bit sore / tender to the touch. i have been given antibiotics but to no avail and ive had this for 5 months and it hasnt gone away.
i notice if i press down in the middle of my scrotum i feel a slight soreness and even slight pressure. in fact my crotch area today is a tad sore .. this causes very frequent urination almost every hour sometimes. sometimes i can go 3 or more hours without urination amd feel 80% normal then other days its worse. i do notice if my testicle swells, the urination issue is worse as well as discomfort in scrotum.
my urine stream is very strong on some days but on some day my urine stream is split and it also sometimes sprays out causing the toilet to get messy.
then ther days as i said, the stream is strong. i do get up at least one per night to urinate and this started with the eppididimytis.
my urologist did a DRE and he said everythng felt normal and i felt no pain.
i am 47 . could i conceivably have mild prostatitis? urination is a quality of life issue. no diabetes and no infection via urine sample.

Last edited by lexer; 12-07-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Do I have Prostatitis ?

It sounds like prostatitis whenever an infection is affecting the ability to urinate (rather than just making the urine sting--like a UTI). And it's common for other infections to migrate there. (It's like everybody loves the prostate.) It sounds like it might very well have only become prostatitis after the DRE.

Whether the infection is affecting the prostate or not, it's still a urogenital infection you don't want. And there are a lot of things that can help with that. Cranberry is no match against a significant established infection, but it is somewhat antifungal and does help prevent yeast and bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract. The more expensive kinds of cranberry juice (or fresh cranberries may be better), could really help. (The normal 25% juice cocktails are probably only barely capable of helping.) I would avoid eating sweets and uncultured dairy (milk & cream); that should help a lot too. Probiotics can reform gut flora improving infection susceptibility as well as digestion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
(male)

lexer HB User

i did 7 days of cipro and 7 pr 10 days of various other antibiotics. should i have been put on them longer? 14 days?

UOTE=mc7;5100732]It sounds like prostatitis whenever an infection is affecting the ability to urinate (rather than just making the urine sting--like a UTI). And it's common for other infections to migrate there. (It's like everybody loves the prostate.) It sounds like it might very well have only become prostatitis after the DRE.

Whether the infection is affecting the prostate or not, it's still a urogenital infection you don't want. And there are a lot of things that can help with that. Cranberry is no match against a significant established infection, but it is somewhat antifungal and does help prevent yeast and bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract. The more expensive kinds of cranberry juice (or fresh cranberries may be better), could really help. (The normal 25% juice cocktails are probably only barely capable of helping.) I would avoid eating sweets and uncultured dairy (milk & cream); that should help a lot too. Probiotics can reform gut flora improving infection susceptibility as well as digestion.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer View Post
i did 7 days of cipro and 7 pr 10 days of various other antibiotics. should i have been put on them longer? 14 days?
Always use antibiotics as directed by a doctor (to prevent the evolution of antibiotic resistance), but if yeast were an issue, antibiotics were only exacerbating that yeast problem. Yeast infections also commonly result just from using antibiotics (just from killing healthy bacteria allowing yeast to thrive in their place). So if yeast were part (or all) of the problem, you should actually see more improvement off of them (or you may have seen that?). Yeast and bacterial infections often co-occur making it difficult to tell which one's worse.

Cranberry's diuretic, so drink water with it, and too much can cause dehydration, but it should certainly help you to urinate completely. And it helps with yeast and bacteria.

Going back to nutritional things, deficiencies of many things weaken immune response: calcium, potassium, zinc, manganese, iron, and selenium are some commonly mentioned minerals and metals that you might want tested. If your digestive acidity were low (like if you take antacids), the high GI pH inhibits absorption of metals (including non-heme iron). Cinnamon is a surprisingly good source of all of these metals and minerals. It also has anti-inflammatory constituents and is traditionally regarded as helpful for infections. A daily tablespoon is probably way too much, and too much can be dangerously toxic. I might see if a moderate amount like 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon a day seems to help or not.

Reply Reply