It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
(male)

sebinkent HB User
Male pelvic issues

Hi - new to this and I just wanted to hear from any MEN who have been diagnosed with or think they may have any of the following:

Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis
Pelvic floor syndrome/dysfunction
Pelvic myoneuropathy
Chronic pelvic pain syndrome

I believe to be suffering with all of these because I have come to the conclusion that they are all one and the same thing..

Would be interested to hear from any guys who have experienced this and to compare symptoms and possible cures..

Thanks

Seb.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Male pelvic issues

Could your chronic non-bacterial prostatitis be yeast? Yeast infection is a very common cause of prostatitis. Have you been tested for yeast? Or bacteria or anything? You should see a doctor for these tests or maybe a diagnosis from inspection only.

The only thing I might suggest for seeing your doctor is to ask for an antifungal drug as well if you're prescribed antibiotics only AND the infection could be fungal or have a fungal constituent. This is because antibiotics kill bacteria but they usually stimulate fungal infections making them worse.

Last edited by mc7; 01-21-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

Hey mc7, hope you're still around to reply. Why do you mention yeast? Just interested because I've had prostatitis for nearly two years and when I first tool antibiotics (for a urinary tract infection), the symptoms sky rocketed. I mean they went about 100x worse. It's a distressing illness and the doctors aren't finding anything, so they don't treat anything

Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
(male)

lexer HB User

This could be your problem, i think it is with me. It really makes sense and may be why your urine stream is disrupted( if it is).

"Below I want to discuss the first that prostatitis as a condition of chronic tension in the pelvic floor. In this view, everyone deals with the stresses of life by focusing their tensions in different parts of the body. For instance some people tense in their necks and heads and get headaches. Some tense in their gastrointestinal tracts and get irritable bowel syndrome or constipation. Some clench their jaws and get a condition called TMJ syndrome. Some subset of these people develop pain and dysfunction in their heads, gastrointestinal tracts, jaws etc. as a result of this chronic focus of tension.
Similarly, prostatitis as a tension disorder sees abacterial prostatitis/prostatodynia essentially as a 'headache in the pelvis" or "TMJ of the pelvis". In this view it is a condition usually manifesting itself after years of tensing the pelvic muscles. It usually tends to occurs in men who hold their tension and aggression inside. They squeeze themselves rather than lashing out at others. Often they have work in which they sit for long periods of time and the only way they have found to express their frustration is to tense their pelvic muscles. This tension has become a habit with them. Often they do not know they tense themselves in the pelvic floor."

Old 10-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

Hey lexer. Yeah I have been reading that book ('headache in the pelvis' for any of the thread readers), I need to pick it up again.

I'll just quickly go over my problems. Got an std off a girl (NGU), took antibiotics for it, it flared massively and I got prostatitis. That is a massively condensed version, I have a longer post about it if you check my profile. I do believe in the muscle disorder, but I think it's one aspect of the disease for many. I believe I may have a hidden infection, I believe hidden infections are much more common than any doctor will make out. I also believe that fungus and anaerobic/ antibiotic resistant bacteria are responsible for chronic prostate infections like mine - otherwise I would have been cured initially.

I actually contract the NGU off a girl who had been on antibiotics for weeks. I think that is some sort of clue. Although, perhaps the infection is gone. Who knows.

In the meantime I have bought lamisil online in case this is a fungal infection. I've been on that many antibiotics (only been on one for month though, rest were one offs or a weeks worth, not long enough to cure me) that I need to try an antifungal before I try anything like cipro.

How are you doing lexer?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
(male)

lexer HB User

I have inflammation in the prostate which makes my urine stream split and sometimes spray. I also go every 2 hours and have some slight soreness. Also have eppididimytis. My left testicle is swollen for about a year and a half with some slight soreness there. Any soreness in such a sensitive area for a male is exaggerated obviously, i just hope i get cured. Starting to get depressed over it.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

Do not take lamisil, had a bad reaction. Turns out any doctor worth his salt will not prescribe that drug. Please do not take it!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

If you wanna see the true side effects of a drug, don't just look at the leaflet, look at the ask a patient website and then decide. Drugs such as cipro and lamisil really do create some horror stories.

Reply Reply

Tags
pelvic floor muscle dysfunction, pelvic pain, prostatitis