It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
(male)

tdubb1994 HB User
Prostatitis at age 19, Help!

Alright everyone Im new to HealthBoards but feel the need to tell people what I am currently going through!
Before I start I am a very healthy young adult who exercises daily and lifts daily. I have a very clean diet and rarely drink, I do use marijuana but dont smoke cigarettes.
About 3 months ago I was having pain in my testicles, a dull ache, no big deal. I got an ultrasound done and no tumors and masses were found. I then got tested for aids and std's all came back good, was also tested for UTI which also came back clean. Then about a week later I started to have really weird symptoms, including hard flaccid penis. My symptoms included; pain in pelvic area, pain in upper legs, pain in lower back, pain in abdomin, urination hesitation, constant urination feeling, dribbling, feeling of urine left in bladder, uncomfortable forming an erection, soreness after ejaculating and the most annoying and constant sympton is the hard flaccid penis. To explain the hard flaccid penis it feels as if it is "swollen" and "full" (which is really annoying and VERY discomforting). Also when I look at the penis it doesnt look swollen at all, but when I touch it you can tell that it is very firm and hard when supposed to be soft while flaccid. This feeling and these symptoms are causing me to be very depressed, angry, exhausted, and upset. I went to a urologist who told me I had a form of prostatis, he said the hard flaccid isnt normal but could be caused from my prostate being inflammed. He put me on cipro for 10 days which did nothing, second visit he put me on doxy for 10 days, also did nothing, I went back in and unfortunately had to get a Cystoscopy done.. (at 19 this is the hardest thing any young adult could possibly go through). After the operation the doctor told me everything was fine and that I had no strictures or anything wrong with the penis itself. Today I went in to get a second opinion from a very good urologist over here at North West Community Hospital. Before I even said my symptoms he knew for a fact that I had prostatis, he also said im the star child for prostatis which I found funny. He said a lot of different terms that I had no clue what they meant, he then continued to tell me that the hard flaccid penis is caused from my prostate being inflammed. He is putting me on Cipro for 30 days because he said that it usually takes 30 days or more for the antiobiotic to ACTUALLY start working, along with the cipro he is giving me 30 days of FloMax which is supposed to help with the inflammation and urination also. Keep in mind I am very worried about the side effects of FloMax because it can cause dry ejaculation .Does anyone believe that these antibiotics will actually help and cure me? I will post my progress every week to let you know how its going. Living with this for the past 3 months has been the hardest thing I could ever do... I really cant live like this anymore. If anyone is having the same problems as me or has any comments please feel free to comment on this! The more people I know that are having this same thing as me, the more relieved I will be..

Last edited by tdubb1994; 01-31-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: grammar error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
(male)

tdubb1994 HB User
Re: Prostatitis at age 19, Help!

I am beginning my 8th day of both antibiotics. Very little symptoms relief. I feel good sometimes, but most of the time <I feel terrible>.

The Flomax side effects are starting up, I cant ejaculate which is normal on this antibiotic and will eventually go away after I stop taking it. So im beginning my second week, hope everything starts to clear up.. Having weird feelings in my penis, (feels like fluid is flowing through it, but nothing is coming out. Also burns a little bit sometimes on the inside.) Will keep you guys updated as to how this second week goes. Wish me more luck, this literally sucks..

Last edited by Administrator; 03-08-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
(male)

Psilocybin HB User

Any updates? I'm in a similar situation?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

He's probably just about 'cured' himself with that combo, I've heard of people having good results with it. Although I'm afraid to use those two drugs at all

Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
(male)

Redhots HB User

Yeah it would be nice to read how this kid made out. I did 12 weeks of Cipro with no luck and have similar symptoms.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, Geez! Antibiotics do not work for non bacterial prostatitis!!!! or inflammation!!! Stop masturbating, it is probably the reason you got into trouble, the prostate is not a machine, it is a sensitive walnut shaped gland that needs lots of TLC. Start taking prostate formula supplements, you get them at any health food store. Second, do lots of heart pumping cardio to get good blood circulation to the prostate. Third, the most difficult, stop ejaculating until symptoms subside because if you do not, you may hang on to this condition indefinately. As I always say "A healthy prostate means a happy life".

Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

Your advice is good, but it's a bit wrong to pretty much accuse a young sufferer of masturbating too much, I had that implied when I first got prostatitis. It is an offensive assumption and makes the illness into something the sufferer should be ashamed about. Yes it can be caused by masturbation too much but how often? How do you know this person has non bacterial prostatitis? In fact, many doctors and indeed urologists fail to tell the difference between the two, even if antibiotics have been used. That is a pretty ignorant comment right there

Last edited by yewtree58; 09-26-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Our poster took two full rounds of antibiotics with no results so it is reasonable to glean it is non bacterial because 95% of all prostatis is non bacterial. Masturbation is nothing to be ashamed of even if it leads to prostatitis and it is essential to stop to reach any conclusion to this condition. Back in the day when sex was not so contagious from time to time I would have marathon sexual adventures that lasted days and would always get prosdtatitis in my 20s so I am not a genius but know that over ejaculation will cause prostatitis....

Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

They say 95% of prostatitis in non bacterial, but it's a very loose statement. You'll also find doctors who will tell you that once an infection is settled in the prostate it is nearly undetectable. Also, I would take that statement more seriously if they actually knew prostatitis inside out, in fact they don't, at all.

Talk to Bill from the 'how I cured bacterial prostatitis' and they couldn't find any evidence of infection in his semen or blood, some antibiotics didn't help him, some did. It's pot luck with antibiotics and chronic infections in the prostate. Bill cured himself by going through several different types of antibiotics and finding his right one. He was a so called 'non bacterial' case.

Anyway, I don't want to be argumentative with somebody who is also helping a sufferer. But you can't just be so assertive in beliefs that could be wrong.

Also I have ejaculated excessively and been absolutely normal. It was when I got an STD. I was given an antibiotic for it and it flared massively and then morphed into prostatitis.

Last edited by yewtree58; 09-26-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

When a man masturbates in excess, the prostate works overtime to prepare enough of the alkaline liquid for the next ejaculation. The over use of the prostate leads to exhaustion and an elevation of lactic acid DHT and cortisol. A high level of lactic acid and free radical build up occurs during the intense contraction of the pelvic muscles to ejaculate semen. This constant contraction leads to prostatitis also known as prostate inflammation.......

Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

But when you are young you can get away with excessive masturbation, it may sting when you ejaculate now and again, but chronic illness is a whole different thing. This poster hasn't mentioned anything about how much he masturbates. There is a vast array of causes for prostatitis, excessive masturbation is just one of them.

Aside from this debate, do you have prostatitis?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yes, most young people get away with it but some do not, there has been a steady increase in the number of young prostatitis patients. Other causes of prostatitis are sedentary lifestyle, poor diet and nutrition, medication and environmental factors. I suffered with prostatitis through the 1990s, put my faith in the doctors and one almost killed me. After 4 rounds of antibiotics my body was shocked with an intoxication of the antibiotic Levequin and I fell into a coma for 3 days, barely got by. After that I researched the condition and developed my own protocol which consisted of endurance training, prostate supplements,, and sex 3 or 4 times a week. It has been nearly 15 years and happy to report no prostate problems during all this time. FYI, instead of antibiotics I use colloidal silver solution, it decimates most known pathogens without the side effects of antibiotics.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

That seems like quality advice, how did you exercise with such pain? I can't run for any period of time when my epididymitis flares. Also, what foods/ supplements do you use?

Old 09-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
(male)

yewtree58 HB User

Also I'm sorry to hear about your suffering, in particular the damage the antibiotics did - cipro and other fluoroquinolones are very dangerous, most doctors don't seem to know that and it's very, very negligent

Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

I did not start to exercise until I felt better. After 3 weeks on supplements and colloidal silver my symptoms went away and it was then I started running and using the stair master machine at the gym. I am not sure if it was the colloidal silver or the supplements that cured my, most likely the combination. The suppeiments I took were pygeum, stinging nettle, saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil, zinc, and bee pollen along with a multi vitamin/mineral tablet. Yes the fluroquinolones are dangerous as the maker of levequin,Johnson and Johnson has settled over 900 lawsuits involving ruptured tendons from its' use and still, they have not taken it off the market. I have come to the conclusion that if you want to live a long life, avoid seeing doctors.....Take care

Reply Reply

Tags
ciprofloxacin, cystoscopy, prostate, prostatitis