It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

aadhi HB User
Exclamation Non-Bacterial Prostatitis - Need help

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with Prostatitis and prescribed Levaquin antibiotic. But my symptoms are related to non bacterial prostatitis. Post erection brings me pain and the pain even gets worster after i ejaculate. Pain is on my penis right shaft, around my Penis, thighs. I am going to stop ejaculating from now on as it is not helping in anyway (thought it would flush the bacteria out).

I was been suffering with anal fissure for 2 months and had my fissurotomy/Anal sphincterotomy surgery 1 month before. I am just afraid if my pelvic floor became weak because of all the stress and strain i went through.

I am 28 and this is so disturbing and ruining my peace of mind. I am going through pain - pain - pain since last 4 months Is there any way i can come out of this? Please advise.

Thanks

Last edited by aadhi; 07-10-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Non-Bacterial Prostatitis - Need help

The prostatitis may have occurred as a result of the surgery, in which case it may be bacterial. How was it diagnosed as non-bacterial? Was a culture of prostate secretions done? I would take the course of antibiotics and see if it helps. There is no reason an infection or surgery should make your pelvic floor weak. The important thing is to get the infection cleared up.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
aadhi (07-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

aadhi HB User

I started getting the pain and symptoms before the surgery itself. My CRS took urine culture test, but no infection was found. My urologist heard my symptoms and prescribed the antibiotic.

There was no examination or culture of prostate secretions done till now. Based on the symptoms, i am suspecting that it could be non-bacterial.

It will be great if some one can advise me about therapy for pain and any pills that would help the prostate.

Last edited by aadhi; 07-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, do not ejaculate until your symptoms subside, you will make it worse. Stop all antibiotics, they are useless with non bacterial prostatitis. Go to the health food store and get prostate formula supplements as the prostate needs certain vitamins and minerals to function properly. Finally, exercise walking/jogging to increase circulation to circulate the toxins out your prostate.Non bacterial prostatitis means you have an inflammation and you will find many urologists are clueless how to cure it.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It sounds to me like you diagnosed yourself with "non-bacterial" prostatitis, not your Dr. A urine culture is for a UTI, not prostatitis. You must have a prostatic fluid culture done for that. So this needs to be managed by a urologist. Prostatitis can become chronic and miserable, so please don't rely on lay advice for diagnosing and treating this. See a urologist for exam, culture and treatment or you could end up with a serious, lifelong condition. I would continue the antibiotics until the course is done. Most cases of prostatitis are bacterial, and some require long courses of antibiotics to clear up. You cannot say this is non-bacterial unless you have had repeated negative cultures of prostatic fluid, not urine. Stopping the antibiotic midstream will just let the infection recur or smolder, then you'll have to start all over again.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadhi View Post
I started getting the pain and symptoms before the surgery itself. My CRS took urine culture test, but no infection was found. My urologist heard my symptoms and prescribed the antibiotic.

There was no examination or culture of prostate secretions done till now. Based on the symptoms, i am suspecting that it could be non-bacterial.

It will be great if some one can advise me about therapy for pain and any pills that would help the prostate.
Hi, there is a 95% chance your prostatitis is non bacterial as the statistics show that only 5% of all prostatitis is bacterial so finish up your dose of antibiotics and if it does not get better then you will know my previous posting was correct. Do not let the doctor prescribe endless rounds of antibiotics especially Levequin, it has dangerous potential side effects. I may not be a doctor but I have done endless research and was a former patient with your exact malady and based on my research healed myself after a year of chronic pain......

Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:

Forgot, the pills I use for prostate are GNC mens' prostate formula, they keep my prostate running like a Ferrari..........

The Following User Says Thank You to lenvegas For This Useful Post:
aadhi (07-12-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
(male)

aadhi HB User

Thanks for the advice.

My urologist didn't do the prostate culture test because i recently had the sphincterotomy surgery. I am taking the prescribed antibiotics. Hope it goes away with it.

lenvegas - Did you take the GNC men's formula while having prostatitis or after getting cured? Any possible side effects in future? Please let me know.

Last edited by aadhi; 07-12-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

I took the formula when I had prostatitisI and within a week started to feel better. It is all natural and I had no side effects from it.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
(male)

steamingcold HB User

stay far away from urologist that want to keep pumping you full of antibiotics that are not helping

Old 07-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
(male)

aadhi HB User

Well i came back to say the same. Seems like my pelvic muscles got strained a lot because of the anal fissure and stress i went through.

30 days of antibiotics did not help a bit. This seems like CP/CPPS. Ejaculation makes the pain more worst. I am out of antibiotics and ejaculation now.

Things which are helping me are sitz bath, iron supplements, donut cushion, pelvic exercises and positive thinking.

I got the book 'Headache in the pelvis". It helps you very much in understanding and dealing the pain in better way.

Unable to hold the urine, if i happen to do it. Then it triggers the pain in huge amount. Seems like physiotherapy or pelvic rehabilitation is the only way to come out of this pain. Wish no one gets this problem.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
(male)

aadhi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
I took the formula when I had prostatitisI and within a week started to feel better. It is all natural and I had no side effects from it.
Lenvegas - I am going to try the prostate formula supplement. Just wanted to know whether your prostatitis was bacterial or non bacterial? Mine looks non bacterial because antibiotics went off no use. Recently my urinary urgency increased. Being an IBS patient, i have to deal with my stomach too. The pelvic/lower body pain i get early morning before and after bowel movement kills my day. Thanks!!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Lenvegas - I am going to try the prostate formula supplement. Just wanted to know whether your prostatitis was bacterial or non bacterial? Mine looks non bacterial because antibiotics went off no use. Recently my urinary urgency increased. Being an IBS patient, i have to deal with my stomach too. The pelvic/lower body pain i get early morning before and after bowel movement kills my day. Thanks!!
Hi, mt prostatitis was non bacterial as 95% of all prostatitis is non bacterial. Take double the recommended dose of the supplements until your symptoms go away. Whatever you do, DO NOT ejaculate until your symptoms go away and after that no more than once a day for awhile as you will only make it worse. As far as your IBS goes, start taking a broad spectrum probiotic every day. In studies it was shown to help the symptoms of IBS.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #14
(male)

aadhi HB User

Thanks. I am taking Probiotic everyday. Yes, i agree - as my problem started right after aggressive ejaculation while having fissure. I will refrain from it. Hopefully the prostate formula helps me in getting back to normal.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
(male)

aadhi HB User

lenvegas - came back to say thanks to you.

Prostate formula is really helping me. I don't have the bad pain which i had before. My CRS tested me and told my prostrate is really tender. I am staying away from masturbation as of now. Should have not taken 1 month antibiotics. It screwed up my body and stomach. I am just taking one pill a day - because of my IBS. Hope it goes away completely - soon.

Last edited by aadhi; 09-05-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Reply Reply