It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
(male)

lexer HB User
Prostatitis- Please Help

I am 46 and had this for over a year and been on anti biotics to no avail. I have been on uroxatral and it doesnt realy help.
Symptoms: weak stream, spraying, split stream, frequency.
Also soreness/ tenderness is my perinium.

I had a cycoscopy and uro said everything looked fine, urethra is open, bladder looks good, and no stricture.
Is it possible that the uroxatral artificially opened my urethra and perhaps i really do have blockage?
How do i get rid of this, i am depressed over it. Everytime i ejaculate, the next 2 days i am sore, not real bad pain but annoying soreness.
I did ejaculate in a cup and had it tested. They did find staph but doc said thats common to find. I am at my wits end.
If my stream is weak and my urethra is open, what is causing the weak stream?

Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Prostatitis- Please Help

Listen Lexer, this is what you have to do now......STOP ejaculating, you keep making it worse, you have an inflammation of the prostate and ejaculating would be like screaming with a sore throat. Second, go to the health food store, buy and start using prostate formula supplements. Third, since the prostate area suffers from a poor circulatory flow, get into a cardio/aerobic program so you can circulate the toxins built up in your prostate out of your body. As I have said before.....a healthy prostate means a happy life...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
(male)

lexer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Listen Lexer, this is what you have to do now......STOP ejaculating, you keep making it worse, you have an inflammation of the prostate and ejaculating would be like screaming with a sore throat. Second, go to the health food store, buy and start using prostate formula supplements. Third, since the prostate area suffers from a poor circulatory flow, get into a cardio/aerobic program so you can circulate the toxins built up in your prostate out of your body. As I have said before.....a healthy prostate means a happy life...

Whats a good prostate formula? What about only taking saw palmetto?

Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer View Post
Whats a good prostate formula? What about only taking saw palmetto?
No, just saw palmetto wont cut it......I take GNC mens prostate formula, it is really a superior product...

Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
(male)

lexer HB User

How long does it take to work?
This really is a quality of life issue, urinate every hour/ hour and a half. My flow is wierd, my stream splts and i spray sometimes. I do completely empty my bladder though.
What about avodart or proscar? Uroxatral doesnt really do much, what about rapaflo?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
(male)

lexer HB User

How long does the GNC product take to work?? Do i double up on the dosage?

What about avodart or proscar?
My urine stream sometimes splits and my urine sprays, no obstruction per my cycoscopy.
I just want this to end, frequent urination is a big time quality of life issue.
No real pain, just some slight soreness.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Right, take double the recommended dose until you start to clear up. No ejaculation until you are better and even then do not go crazy with it. You will probably get relief after a week or two. I would stay away from the proscar, too many potential side effects and the other drug I do not know. but what I do know is that there is NO drug that will cure non bacterial prostatitis. I know what you are going through, I've been there......bad sleep, the inconvenience during the day, the frustration. Just hang in there and follow my instructions, you will be OK.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
(male)

lexer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Right, take double the recommended dose until you start to clear up. No ejaculation until you are better and even then do not go crazy with it. You will probably get relief after a week or two. I would stay away from the proscar, too many potential side effects and the other drug I do not know. but what I do know is that there is NO drug that will cure non bacterial prostatitis. I know what you are going through, I've been there......bad sleep, the inconvenience during the day, the frustration. Just hang in there and follow my instructions, you will be OK.
Rapafllo is like a Flomax, same type of med..thought?
Any idea how i got this? Stress?
I truly appreciate you helping me, i mean that.
Thanks

Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
(male)

lexer HB User

Last question..
How long do i take the prostate formula for? If it works in 2 weeks, how much longer should i take it ?
Can walking or jogging on a treadmill cause prostate problems to worsen? I guess the impact..

Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Last question..
How long do i take the prostate formula for? If it works in 2 weeks, how much longer should i take it ?
Can walking or jogging on a treadmill cause prostate problems to worsen? I guess the impact..
You need to take the regular dose of the supplement the rest of your life to insure optimum prostate health or you may keep getting it. Remember that the prostate needs certain nutrients to function properly. Jogging is one of the best things you can do for your prostate as it circulates the toxins in the prostate out of the body. How you got this condition is hard to say but a few possibilities are excessive ejaculation and toxins built up in the prostate.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
(male)

lexer HB User

again, its very nice of you to offer your help.
what bothers me is the urine spraying all over, will the prostate formula help that?
the reason i ask is because i cycoscopy showed no obstructionin the urtethra.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
(male)

dowhatican HB User

I had similar issues and the main diagnosis was non bacterial chronic prostatitis. After going to one of the top researchers of this syndrome.. Dr. Nickel in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.... They gave me a bit of hope. They recommend a natural anti-inflammatory called Q-Urol which is different than the United States version... Anyways, it is in replacement of the horrible NSAID's.... But since it is natural it is not covered under my health plan and was costing me $70 a bottle and at 2 pills per day, a bottle lasts 30 days. I was also but on an alpha blocker. But the one they chose affected my blood pressure too much and I would pass out whenever I would stand from a laying position. I did some research and decided with my family doctor to try Flomax. I took Flomax once a day, and Q Urol twice a day and after a month or two (it does take awhile) it was gone. But I took these pills ALL the time, even when I doubted that they were working. The Flomax was what helped me with urination, it was light and day. I had the SAME issues at you, plus it was hard to start the flow. The QUrol brought down the inflammation over time which was causing a lot of my pain. I bought a book called "A headache in the Pelvis" and it is a great read. Teaches you to relax muscles down there and it truly works. Remember, follow what it says and keep an open mind. Most doctors will disagree with that book because it claims the pain is caused by tense muscles. I do believe this. I am pretty stressed out and notice my legs and groin are tensed up a lot.
They also told me I cannot do any high impact exercises and a bunch more helpful info. I hope it helps and if you have any other questions for me let me know. I can only provide info from my experience but I pray that some one finds something that helps them! Such a brutal pain! Good luck!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #13
(male)

lexer HB User

I jog and lift weights, is that an issue?
As i said, i dont have pain, just some soreness which flames up after drinking beer or coffee. Strangely, beer and coffee cause alot of urine spraying.
I have used uroxatral, a similar drug to flomax except doesnt work well. I guess because i have no obstruction in the urethra.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
As i said, i dont have pain, just some soreness which flames up after drinking beer or coffee. Strangely, beer and coffee cause alot of urine spraying.
I have used uroxatral, a similar drug to flomax except doesnt work well. I guess because i have no obstruction in the urethra.
Jogging and lifting weights will not affect your prostate but jogging to a good sweat is good for inflammation of the prostate and it helps circulate the toxins out of your prostate.....

Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #15
(male)

dowhatican HB User

Quote:
Spraying and difficulty urinating is caused by inflammation of the prostate.. Unless you have a stricture (blockage) but you said you don't. Those things are irritating your prostate. Others saying jogging is good for the prostate? The prostate clinic at Queen's University told me NOT to jog or run because it is a high impact exercise... BUT I would believe that everybody that has "prostatitis" will experience different things because they really don't know what causes it. For example, if I went for a good jog, my pain is incredible for a couple days. Since you aren't having pain, I doubt it would bother you at all. In the treatment papers they gave me they told me to stay away from coffee, beer, caffeine, spicey foods, and other things of that nature because they are irritants. I am by no means anything close to a doctor but just sharing my experience with you. Like I said before, they had me on something similar to Flomax.. It was called Terazosin. It did not work for me and made me faint. I switched to Flomax and within days urination returned to normal. The Flomax, like others, is supposed to relax the smooth muscles in the prostate region, thus allowing for easier urination. Does not do anything for blockages in the urethra. If you had a stricture (blockage) they would operate. Drink lots of water. Sometimes you have to try different kind of pills to find what works for you. I went threw prescription after prescription! Or... Don't drink beer and coffee if that's what bugs you

Reply Reply