It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
(male)

Kittydaddy HB User
Does this sound like non bacterial prostatitis?

Hi,
Doctor said I have alot of blood in my urine (microscopic).
I have pain in my prostate and pelvic area (but none of the pain started until after I got a digital exam).
PSA came back normal.
Blood test came back negative for bacteria.
I had been on Levaquin 750 mil for 10 days, but took a blood test with a urine strip and came back saying blood in urine.
I go back Tuesday to the doc. I know I'm prolly gonna have to have that scope stuck up me and a CAT scan. Not looking forward to it.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Does this sound like non bacterial prostatitis?

Hi, do you have any other symptoms, especially frequency of urination?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
(male)

Kittydaddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Hi, do you have any other symptoms, especially frequency of urination?
Ya. But, I pee all the time anyway so it's hard to tell what's normal anymore.
I'm also having iritation as I type this right now and I took an 800mg ibu.
The pain is in my lower abdomen and my prostate as I sit
and burning in my urethra.
I might try Tylenol tonight instead of ibu.

Last edited by Kittydaddy; 08-26-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, since 95%of all prostatitis is non bacterial, chances are you have the non bacterial type which is really an inflammation. Of course antibiotics are useless but you should be taking prostate formula supplements everyday because the prostate needs certain nutrients to function properly especially zinc. These supplements can be purchased at health food stores. I use the GNC men's prostate formula which is excellent. Also do not ejaculate until your symptoms dissipate, it will only make it worse. It is a good idea to take these steps as many men will suffer for years with this condition. You may have something other than prostatitis so do the tests and if the doctor can not come up with a diagnosis that it is probably non bacterial prostatitis........Hang in there

Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
(male)

Kittydaddy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvegas View Post
Hi, since 95%of all prostatitis is non bacterial, chances are you have the non bacterial type which is really an inflammation. Of course antibiotics are useless but you should be taking prostate formula supplements everyday because the prostate needs certain nutrients to function properly especially zinc. These supplements can be purchased at health food stores. I use the GNC men's prostate formula which is excellent. Also do not ejaculate until your symptoms dissipate, it will only make it worse. It is a good idea to take these steps as many men will suffer for years with this condition. You may have something other than prostatitis so do the tests and if the doctor can not come up with a diagnosis that it is probably non bacterial prostatitis........Hang in there
Thanks len. I'll report back.
Either way, I'm gonna get the formula.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
(male)

lexer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittydaddy View Post
Thanks len. I'll report back.
Either way, I'm gonna get the formula.
I have the same thing. Listen to lenvegas, he seems very knowledgeable about this. The only thing Levaquin did for me is give my tendanitis in my left acchilies tendon. It started 3 months after i took it. I pray it goes away. Now i have prostatitis and tendonitis. I am not happy, although my doc warned me not to wxercise while taking it. I do not blame my doc.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
(male)

Kittydaddy HB User

Thanks Lex.

I just got back from docs office.
After taking the Levaquin for 10 days, the blood is gone!
But, the pain is worse.
I asked her if it was non bacterial prostatitis and she said she didn't think so.
She told me that I'm probably resistant to the Levaquin and is putting me on
Bactrim for 3 weeks along with 800mg of IBU.
We'll see what happens. Minutes before the first IBU kicked in, I was miserable.
Felt like someone was giving me a tattoo in my bladder.

Last edited by Kittydaddy; 08-27-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittydaddy View Post
Thanks Lex.

I just got back from docs office.
After taking the Levaquin for 10 days, the blood is gone!
But, the pain is worse.
I asked her if it was non bacterial prostatitis and she said she didn't think so.
She told me that I'm probably resistant to the Levaquin and is putting me on
Bactrim for 3 weeks along with 800mg of IBU.
We'll see what happens. Minutes before the first IBU kicked in, I was miserable.
Felt like someone was giving me a tattoo in my bladder.
Hi, I am not sure why your doctor put you on more antibiotics.......was bacteria found in your urine? Anyway, if you have purchased the prostate supplements take double the recommended dose at first until symptoms subside. Oh, for me instead of taking antibiotics I always used the natural antibiotic colloidal silver. It destroys all pathogens without side effects. Colloidal silver has always been a contoversial supplement but it has cured my cold virus, tooth absesses and prostatitis so it may be worth your research. All the best.......

Reply Reply