It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

Jaber HB User
natural remedies for psoriasis

My scalp psoriosis has now spread to my face and neck, and it looks so bad, I don't really like going out in public because if it. Are there any natural remedies to fade the psoriosis, and not just ease the itchiness?

Old 02-03-2004, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

candycake HB User
Re: natural remedies for psoriasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber
My scalp psoriosis has now spread to my face and neck, and it looks so bad, I don't really like going out in public because if it. Are there any natural remedies to fade the psoriosis, and not just ease the itchiness?
I know Nizoral isnt natural but that and Nioxin are the only thing thats ever worked for me.I finally got my 70 yr old mother to try nizoral and it worked for her too.She also uses it on her face and it got rid of it.Ive never had it on my face so I have no personal experiance with that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

Honeychild HB User

Quote:

warm up some coconut oi, and apply to your scalp after washing hair and leave in. See if that helps. It's done wonders for my flakey, dry, itchy scalp!

Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 PM   #4
(female)

Honeychild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeychild
warm up some coconut oi, and apply to your scalp after washing hair and leave in. See if that helps. It's done wonders for my flakey, dry, itchy scalp!
I meant coconut oil.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
(female)

Jaber HB User

Quote:
warm up some coconut oi, and apply to your scalp after washing hair and leave in.
Really, you leave it in your hair? Isn't your hair all oily if you don't rince the coconut oil out?

Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #6
(female)

Honeychild HB User

Quote:
Really, you leave it in your hair? Isn't your hair all oily if you don't rince the coconut oil out?
No, I have thick long hair, and I only apply it to my scalp.
You don't need to use a lot. Just experiment with it, and see if it works for you, and then you can taper down if you don't need to use much.

Old 03-01-2004, 08:21 PM   #7

hoosierdaddy HB User

Quote:
Ive tried everything under the sun (just like every other psoriasis sufferer) but one thing I found that has actually worked for more than a week(Its worked for months now) Is Jojoba oil. I shower and use Nizoral, when I get out I apply the Jojoba to every problem spot(including my scalp even though it makes me look like elvis) Then I follow It up with some really thick Eucerin lotion. The stuff that comes in that big tub. I do this morning and evening, and this is the only combo that has worked consistantly for me. Frequent showers with a loofah is key. Lotion,Lotion,Lotion.

Old 04-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #8

kittty HB User

Try Nizoral shampoo for your scalp and Psoriasin Gel (topical gel) for your face and anywhere else on your body. I used it and now it's completely gone. You can get both over the counter at Wal-mart. But please read all directions and warnings fully. If it works for you please tell others.

Closed Thread