It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #1

olan HB User
psoriasis out break on body

I have had an out break of psoriasis on my body lately. I am using 2 prescription meds; Olux (which works very well with my scalp problem and Dovenex. I apply meds twice daily and moisturize my body after a daily shower. As soon as one spot recedes ten others appear. Is there anything out there, not prescription, which has work for you?

I have been under a lot of stress. I have recently broken my leg and been diagnosed with epilepsy, memory loss, and advanced aging of the brain; however, that doesn't change the fact that I want to get rid of this stuff. The stress is not going to go away. Help me, please!

olan

Old 03-26-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
(female)

marykay HB User
Re: psoriasis out break on body

Hi I hope this will help you I have psoriasis the one thing I find works best is Desitin the baby cream I found this out years ago when I had my baby, he got psoriasis and the only thing I could use on him was desitin it worked so well I decided to try it on my own psoriasis it worked great hope it works for you let me know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 03:35 PM   #3

kittty HB User

Try Psoriasin Gel (topical gel) on the patches on the body and Nizoral Shampoo on your scalp. You can get both over the counter at Wal-mart. I had it, now it's gone. They worked for me and three other people I know. Give it a try. But please read all directions and warnings fully. If it works for you please tell others.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

I have psoriosis on my scalp. I haven't found many things that work long term and I get a lot of differing solutions.

I use coal tar shampoo, which is now banned in some states as it causes cancer. I use it sparingly.

I used Nizoral but had to stop as you can't use that and take Neurontin at the same time. Check for drug interaction with any medicated shampoos. There is a handy drug interaction site on the net.

My husband has it on his legs and swears by Ponds Cold Cream. It really does work for him.

Stress plays a HUGE factor in the break out of it.

I thought that I had it on my scalp at one point but it turned out to be a yeast infection on my scalp so I had the doc give me a special shampoo which cleared it right up.

However, I do have it on my scalp. Sun works great for it so I sit out for 15 minutes to a half an hour in the full sun each day. That only seems to work on the part line and I have long hair.

I have about six different shamoos going in my shoulder right now that I rotate through.

What works for one person might not work for the next and you have to keep changing even if you find something that works.

MG216 is a tar based shampoo that the pharmisist will order for you at Wal Mart. It is an over the counter shampoo. It also comes in a oil based gel. Pretty smell, but very effective.

Are you sure that it is psoriosis? If so, the sun is out and sun is great for relieving this.

Join the Psoriosis foundation. You can find them on the net and they send out newsletters

Closed Thread