It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 03:42 PM   #1

GODDBOXER HB User
dealing with psoriasis

i never had this problem until i was 32, and it just went wild. i was covered with this stuff. i have tried every cream there could be and none of it worked. at the time i was dealing with a huge amount of stress and was taking ibuprophin alot for headaches. i later learned that they both can flare the problem. anyway i am now taking raptiva shots, 200 mg. of cyclosporine, tanning, and using foam for my scalp. if i tan every other day along with all the meds, it is controlable, but if i miss a few days, or if i miss a couple of days of the cyclosporine, it goes crazy. i have not had good results with the raptiva i have been taking it for about 7 mo. and it seems its making it alot worse. i know i can not keep taking the cyclosporine forever so whats next? anyone got any advice?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

candykake HB User
Re: dealing with psoriasis

Have u tried Nizoral or Nioxin? Both work fantastic for my scalp problems. Im not sure what I have but without these products my scalp sheds like a snake and itches horribly.with these 2 products its gone untill I quit using them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 11:48 AM   #3
(male)

nagarp HB User

if you like homeopahty, i can recommend a good homeopath. He is realy good.

Old 11-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #4
(female)

jacksinn HB User

Please try the SKIN ZINC kit for psoriasis. I have been using the SKIN ZINC spay for a my face and it works great. I had these pustules and a rash under my lip and under my nose- prednisone didnt work but SKIN ZINC did! There is a comercial on TV for it and now its being sold in stores. I think it was k-mart or wal-mart. Its about $40. Well worth it and lasts a long time.

Old 11-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #5

rd1978 HB User

believe it or not but for the scalp selson blue seems to work the best for me with the least aggrivation,,,,,dovenox seems to work good for me,, i really think stress plays the biggest role ,, i had it on my knees and elbows about the size of my palm,,, for about a year ,,, went away on spring break in florida,,,drank like a fish with no stress for 1 week by the time i was leaving it was 95 % gone ,,,,, i believe stress plays a very large role in diseases,,,,,,you need to be carefull with some meds i could possibly make it worse,,,,

Closed Thread