It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

rcg HB User
Psoriasis

does anyone know of any good non-steroidal treatments I can try for my psoriasis? I have a few small spots on my legs and want to try something different before going ahead with the steroid creams that have previously been prescribed for me for more severe outbreaks. thanks in advance.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #2

PajamaMomma HB User
Re: Psoriasis

Hi. What I use for my Psoriasis is the RX Elocon ( Mometasone Furoate). I'm really not sure if it is considered non-steroidal or not. The pkg insert says
" Synthetic corticosteroid w/ anti-inflammatory activity ". The stuff works very well on my non-severe breakouts. I have found that for me the cream is better than the ointment. The ointment is VERY greasy and seems to linger longer than I'd like. Hope this helped out a little!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
(female)

ievakarols HB User

I hae severe psoriasis. Last year I was repeatedly flaring where my skin turned over every week going from flaming red raw skin to clear to patches of skin flaking off my body lining the floor, filling my stockings, my bed and my sould.

I have over the years been hospitalizd, been on steroids that have thinned my skin so much that just a simple scrape along a counter wil rip open my skin. I have been on Ultravate and dermovate and a handful of other steroids and woud probably use them again if I was in the same kind of pain and distress.However, most peope are not as severe as I am and here are the things that have worked to help me in more moderate attacks. Do not use skin cap it is a powerfu steroid illegally labelled.

Go on vacation.... sun, salt water and de-stressing is #1. If any one comments on your skin, they will usually ask, tell them what it is ,as educating people is very helpful, however, if it is a member of the opposite sex, invite them up to your room to play onnect the ***.

Vaseline is your friend. So is water. Soak in the tub with Aveeno or doak oil and then slather Vaseline on body. If you have crusts you can wrap yourself up with saran wrap and slip into a track suit. In the morning the lesions will start to fall off. There are no active ingredients that can hurt you so if you continue the bath, luba and wrap routine for a few days you wil see and feel a remarkable differance.

Flax Oil, Oil of Primrose and ESPECIALLY Omega fish oil supplements can help.

Try to eat salmon 2-3 times a week and een though I do both smoking and drinking will severely affect your skin.

Most importantly develop a attitude. It is a disease, a genetic disorder closely associated with arthritis. No doubt you have that in the family. There is a disease called arthritic psoriasis where your joints can almost weld in rare cases. Be vigilent and don't ignore aches and pains.

Your GP knows very little ablout this disease. Educate yourself, get a gd dermotolgist who will be frustrated by your condition because it is stubborn and will respond to a drug and then suddenly backfire and come back worse much to the frustration of your doctor that wants to feel like a healer.However, ther is so much going on with biomedics and gene therapy the dr. will be better informed on the newest treatments.

Psoriases doesn't define you, but I continue to walk down the path. Imagine your skin as rose petals that you toss off as you LIVE. By the way, I have had it all over my hands and I sell jewelry to major, major chain stores.

Find that attitude!

Old 02-10-2005, 08:46 PM   #4
(female)

ievakarols HB User

I hae severe psoriasis. Last year I was repeatedly flaring where my skin turned over every week going from flaming red raw skin to clear to patches of skin flaking off my body lining the floor, filling my stockings, my bed and my sould.

I have over the years been hospitalizd, been on steroids that have thinned my skin so much that just a simple scrape along a counter wil rip open my skin. I have been on Ultravate and dermovate and a handful of other steroids and woud probably use them again if I was in the same kind of pain and distress.However, most peope are not as severe as I am and here are the things that have worked to help me in more moderate attacks. Do not use skin cap it is a powerfu steroid illegally labelled.

Go on vacation.... sun, salt water and de-stressing is #1. If any one comments on your skin, they will usually ask, tell them what it is ,as educating people is very helpful, however, if it is a member of the opposite sex, invite them up to your room to play onnect the ***.

Vaseline is your friend. So is water. Soak in the tub with Aveeno or doak oil and then slather Vaseline on body. If you have crusts you can wrap yourself up with saran wrap and slip into a track suit. In the morning the lesions will start to fall off. There are no active ingredients that can hurt you so if you continue the bath, luba and wrap routine for a few days you wil see and feel a remarkable differance.

Flax Oil, Oil of Primrose and ESPECIALLY Omega fish oil supplements can help.

Try to eat salmon 2-3 times a week and een though I do both smoking and drinking will severely affect your skin.

Most importantly develop a attitude. It is a disease, a genetic disorder closely associated with arthritis. No doubt you have that in the family. There is a disease called arthritic psoriasis where your joints can almost weld in rare cases. Be vigilent and don't ignore aches and pains.

Your GP knows very little ablout this disease. Educate yourself, get a gd dermotolgist who will be frustrated by your condition because it is stubborn and will respond to a drug and then suddenly backfire and come back worse much to the frustration of your doctor that wants to feel like a healer.However, ther is so much going on with biomedics and gene therapy the dr. will be better informed on the newest treatments.

Psoriases doesn't define you, but I continue to walk down the path. Imagine your skin as rose petals that you toss off as you LIVE. By the way, I have had it all over my hands and I sell jewelry to major, major chain stores.

Find that attitude!

Closed Thread