It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #1

twozeds HB User
Unhappy psoriasis

hi. I've got a really bad psoriasis problem. I've got so much flaking skin on my scalp and it's really embarassing. I've tried Nizoral and all sorts of medicated scalp treatments, but nothing seems to help. I have seen a dermatologist about it and he didn't prescribe anything; he just told me to use nizoral and an after-care treatment. Does anybody have any advice as to how to go about resolving the problem? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

jana66 HB User
Re: psoriasis

I have suffered from psoriasis on my scalp for a few years now. It tends to be worse in the winter. The only thing that I find will help is Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo and conditioner when used a couple times a week during flare ups. For me, stress is a big cause of my flare ups.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
(female)

Lady_Bayou HB User

oooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by Lady_Bayou; 10-10-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #4
(male)

GoodcatchM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twozeds
hi. I've got a really bad psoriasis problem. I've got so much flaking skin on my scalp and it's really embarassing. I've tried Nizoral and all sorts of medicated scalp treatments, but nothing seems to help. I have seen a dermatologist about it and he didn't prescribe anything; he just told me to use nizoral and an after-care treatment. Does anybody have any advice as to how to go about resolving the problem? Thanks so much.
I highly recommend Pentrax 5% Coal Tar Shampoo for psoriasis of the scalp. I've used products like Neutrogena's T-Gel and saw no or minimal results, but the Pentrax shampoo has a greater concentration of coal tar (5% versus T-Gel's .5 %) and has helped me greatly. Pentrax shampoo seems to be available in fewer retail locations, but I found a price-competive site operated by a dermatologist that does stock and sell it. That site is [url]www.dermadoctor.com[/url] I haven't used the site as yet, but it appears to be quite authoritative on the skin disease, and has a high customer satisfaction ranking. Other psoriasis treatments for the scalp, such as P & S Liquid are sold there. I remember that my mother, who was a major psoriasis sufferer, found great benefit from using P & S. It seems that a lot of the chain drug stores fail to carry such products and the old mom and pop drug stores that did have long disappeared.

Closed Thread