It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
(male)

pombaloca HB User
?psoriasis? spreading

I am pretty sure I have psoriasis (little white areas that seem to be dry and scaly), and it seems to be spreading all around my body, including my legs, groin area, and even my penis (shaft and even a small part of the head). I had some in my arms a little while ago and the medicine I use for my dandruff apparently cured that area, but I don't know what to do anymore.This is really bothering me and I wonder if psoriasis has a cure (permanent) or if this will be bothering me for the rest of my life.

Pombaloca

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
(male)

pombaloca HB User
Re: ?psoriasis? spreading

I also have another question, is psoriasis contagious? Im asking this because I have a girlfriend and we are very intimate, but I don't want her to feel the same way I do by having this on her skin. Specially since I have spots on my penis, would this in any way cause her to become infected or sick in any way?

Please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
(male)

EngineErnie11 HB User

I think psoriasis is more genetic, not contagious. You might not even have psoriasis, might be an allergy? Psoriasis tends to be red and inflamed, not by your description. Sounds like a dry skin problem to me.

Last edited by EngineErnie11; 03-31-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
(male)

nturnb HB User
Wink Re: ?psoriasis? spreading

Psoriasis is not a spreadable condition. It's just something you get. If someone in your family has Psoriasis it is likely that you may get it. It is a condition where your skin cells reproduce at a far more accellerated rate than normal cells.

I have had it for some years now and the only thing that clears me up is when my doctor sends me to hospital as an outpatient for UVB treatment. There is only so much UVB that you can be treated with in any given year so it's not a permanent fix.

I've recently started using Flaxseed (linseed) oil and cod liver oil and this eases it but does not get rid of it. I have found that the best way to to deal with Psoriasis is to learn to live with it. Easier said than done but the more consious you become about it the more down you get.

It doesn't help that there are a lot of ignorant people out there who treat you like a lepar.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:43 AM   #5
(male)

lakegullz HB User

get it checked by a doc it could be a fungus or bacteria

Closed Thread