It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
(male)

jnorth HB User
psoriasis

anyone no of lotion or cream that works please

Old 04-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

carltongal HB User
Re: psoriasis

I have a prescription cream from my dermatologist that works really well, its called Dovobet ointment, i think it might also be called Dovenx or something. hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

behindmyshades HB User

My ex-husband used Halog and he swore by it

Old 04-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #4

QTgirl HB User

My boyfriend used sulfur mixed with petroleum I believe, and he rubbed it on the affected area (legs & arms). He washed it off in the shower. I believe that he put it on at night and then washed it off in the morning. This was recommended by a herbalist doctor. His skin really cleared up, there was a section of his leg that was very dry & scaled and it cleared up okay --He stopped using it (mayb out of laziness) and after a while, his skin got scaled again. Look into this, its worth a try. Mind you the sulfur has a strong scent to it, it has to be washed off real good to remove it.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #5
(male)

jsm247 HB User

Morning try using Ultravate/comes in both cream and ointment.Also used Derma Zinc with great luck.Try to get a medicine that works and also a back up medicine to switch to.Hope this helps/Good Luck.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #6
(female)

TinaBeena HB User

A friend had luck with tea tree oil, but this didn't help my daughter. The only thing that helps her when she has a flare-up is steroid cream.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
(male)

Super Mario HB User

psoriasis is treated using hydrocortisone, starting with low potent.

alternative treatment include: triple treatment (aspirin, something and somethin else), try to find a trigger (if any) e.g. washing powder...etc use gloves if necessary

eeeerm another good treatment is tar coal, it is a black smelly greasy gel.

hope that helps

p.s. read the label of hydrocortisone very carefully, it is a very strong medicine, avoid using it on non damaged skin, avoid the eyes, can cause blindness, read the label, avoid high potent

Old 05-31-2005, 08:33 AM   #8
(female)

boobear6087 HB User

My husband has psoriasis as well as several members of his family. Just this past weekend, his brother told him that Preparation H will clear it up. Don't know if this works or not as we have not tried, but it might be worth a try.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Smile Re: psoriasis

buy turmeric, an Indian spice in capsules. Then buy a tin of turmeric from the spice aisle, mix it with sesame oil and apply twice daily. Take 2 of the capsules a day.
Turmeric is FANTASTIC for skin problems, memory problems, arthritis and high cholesterol. {removed} you'll be so impressed. I love the stuff.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 06-05-2005 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Read posting rules.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #10
(female)

nicnac8383 HB User

davonex mixed with a steriod cream- ask your dermotoligst- its called combining the treamtents and cleared me in 3 days!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:52 PM   #11

confused4005 HB User

If one thing works for one person it might not for another. If it is in your scalp I have found that denorex works best for me. If i use it too much it stops working and I had to go to something else. Those didn't work as well. I think that stress has alot to do with them. Also clothes that might rub on your skin or if you scratch your self might cause them. I do talk with experiance I have had them for at least 20 years. got them from a strep infection. Never have gotten rid of them. They get better but then another one comes up. Sun light also helps them but then you have to worry about getting skin cancer. Keeping them moist even with lotion also helps the dryness and irriation. Hope this helps most important don't scratch you can cause an infection. If nothing over the counter works go see a dermetologist for some high powered stuff.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #12
(female)

elizabeth0370 HB User

I have scalp psoriasis and I use a prescription called Luxiq which is a cortisone foam and then Tarsum shampoo which is otc coal tar stuff. This combination worked really well for me. Once I got rid of the real flare ups, I use it every so often just to keep my scalp healthy and itch free. That itching will drive any one nuts!!!
I had a really bad flare up when I was about 13 years old, and then only really minor spots until about a year ago... I am now 35. Nice long remission but as we all know, it can come back at any time!!! good luck!!

Old 08-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

RagingRobin HB User

Like *Confused* I also got it from a strep infection and absolutely nothing has worked for me. Triamcinolone ointment makes it a little better, but it doesn't clear it up all the way. Tried UV light treatments, but when I got the bill I almost had a stroke, so I had to stop. I've heard wonderful things about the new bioligic injections (there are 3: Raptiva, Amevive and Enbrel), but they are also quite pricey. Talk to your dermatologist about them...the before and after pics are amazing!

Good luck......Robin

Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #14
(female)

summerblue HB User

Hi everone, I want to tell you all what worked to clear me of psoriasis. I broke out really bad after a trauma, and was coverd from head to toe. Went to the derm. and was given steroid creams, well, they were to strong for me, I had terrible reactions to them.
I started looking on line and at the library for any other things I could do. I went to the health food store and bought fish oil capsules and some dead sea salts. I began to take 2 fish oil capsules every night with dinner and every night I soaked in the tub with warm water and 2 cups of the dead sea salts. I started to see improvements a couple of months of doing this, after awhile I was only soaking every other day, and now, 3 years later, I only soak maybe once a week. I still take the fish oil every day.
I hope this could be of help to you all. I know what works for 1 may not work for everyone, but this is very natural and it can't hurt. Also, in the summer months, if your not too broken out, go to the beach, a little sun helps and the salt water is very good for you and cheaper then the dead sea salts and more fun than soaking in the tub!

Old 08-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #15
(female)

WANDA218 HB User

Summer I have had psoriasis all my life and just started taking the fish oil and am amazed at the results. good luck dear.
Wanda 218

Closed Thread