It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
(male)

dirkson4 HB User
Psoriasis please help!

HI everyone.

Ive been having trouble with psoriasis for a number of years now. I get it on my lower stomach, between my thighs and small spot under one arm. Ive tried a number of creams which were davonox, elecon and right now im using something call tar cream or something. Sorry if ive spelt them wrong!The tar cream doesnt seem to be working to well. Elecon seemed the most effective but it still wouldnt eliminate it completely. If I stopped using it for a few days it would flair up again!

Im thinking of going back to elecon but what can i do to to get this problem under control? I know there isnt a cure but is there anything else I could be doing to help prevent this?

Rick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
(female)

carltongal HB User
Re: Psoriasis please help!

Hi Rick,
i too have psoraisis, I have some spots on my hands, I use Dovobet but like you it doenst really work, just gets it kinda better but never gets rid of it, but last week i was away in the caribbean on spring break and I did not put and sunscreen on my psoraisis (my derm said not to put sunscreen on it) and the sun REALLY helped! after a week its nearly tottally gone, unfortnently now i'm back in the cold Ottawa weather and its getting bad again, but its good to know that sun does help, so maybe you can look into getting some sun or suntreatments if they exist.
hope that helps
Carletongal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
(male)

woo30013480 HB User

Hey...

I am 19 and have developed this condition as well...very annoyingly.

I have been told it isnt contageous and that there is no cure...for life...which has hit me hard because I ave recently got a new girlfriend, and although she can see the very faint patches on my upper-forehead, she has not yet seen the patches on my stomach, arms and legs...which are for more angry looking...

I have booked an appointment with a dermatolgist, which I pray is going to disperse this condition a little, so that I can feel confident again, because at the moment I am very very down about myself...

It will be nice talking with the two of you if you are on here...

CHRIS

Last edited by woo30013480; 03-01-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #4
(male)

Micousa HB User
Talking Re: Psoriasis please help!

hey I am 16 and i have the same thing. I have psoriasis around my nose and recently I have been having skin problems on my thigh and leg. Splotches seem to just pop up. My dermatologist gave me some ammonia lactate cream. it works for awhile and then I get cold so my skin dries back up. It feels good to find out that someone goes through the same thingi go through.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
(male)

woo30013480 HB User

Hey Micousa...

Yeah there are definately people out there that are going through the same thing mate...

I am sorry that you have it as well, at even younger than me, it has got to be hard for you, as it is for me as well...

When I get back from my visit to the dermatologist I will tell you what they gave me, and then tell you whether it worked after a week or so of using it...

If you have got any problems or want to offload something then please let me know, I will try to support you if I can...

CHRIS

Old 03-01-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
(male)

dirkson4 HB User

Thanks for replying everyone! Im 22/m by the way. My psoriasis has just about disappeared for the moment! I sat out in the sun yesterday exposing the psoriasis for a couple of hours and when I woke up dismorning it was so faint it was barely visible! The bad thing is it will almost certainly flair up again! The sun is fantastic!!

I went to a dermatoligist and apparently smoking aggrivates psoriasis so dont smoke too much and dont have long showers. Apparently alot of moisture can aggrivate the problem also.

Goodluck

-Rick-

Old 03-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
(male)

woo30013480 HB User

Thanks for that Rapidfire7...a natural rememdy for it then from the sun...and actually I have been told that the sun should help to make it more faint, and maybe that is all I want, just to play football like I used to wearing shirts, and not have to see the angry marks on my arms...

As it gets more sunny I will stay in the back garden for a while, and see how it manages to clear it up !!

Thanks for talking

CHRIS

Old 03-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
(female)

carltongal HB User

Hi everyone,
I'm 22 as well, my psoriasis started when I was 19, its really annoying to cause the first year that I used Dovobet it really worked well, it seemed to tottaly get rid of the psoriasis but then of course it came back, and now the cream isnt working at all, thats for my psoriasis patches on my hands (on each middle finger knuckle) I also have it in and around my belly button but luckly its not as bad there yet, I know my hands are worse mainly cause I scratch at them all the time, does anyone else do this and know how to stop?
Carletongal

Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
(male)

dirkson4 HB User

Carltongal as Ive never had it on my hands im probably not the best person to give advice but my dermatoligist made it very clear that the more you rub and scratch the affected areas the more it irritates the skin and makes the psoriasis worse. Do you scratch because it is itchy? Mine has never been itchy so never even touched it much.it just looks bad!

I know it must be tempting to scratch if its itchy but its probably just making it worse. Does the cream prevent the itch at all?

Last edited by dirkson4; 03-01-2006 at 09:24 PM.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:03 AM   #10
(female)

carltongal HB User

hey Rapidfire7

I start off scratching cause its itchy but then I get loose skin that gets caught on all my clothes which hurts so I end up trying to pick of that skin, which I know makes it worse, if it gets really bad I try to put bandaids on it but then it looks really stupid, my cream doesnt really help for the itching but I have to say its not that itchy that often I think its mostly me picking at it cause I cant stand the loose bits of skin.
Carletongal

Old 03-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #11
(male)

MyPlague HB User

Try taking a vitamin e supplement and fish oil. This, along with eating a diet high in olive oil has done WONDERS for my psoriasis issues, and my scalp inflammation.

I would highly suggest those three things to be included in the diet.

Also dairy can be a serious aggravator in this with some people. I cut as much dairy out of my diet as possible and this helped some too.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #12
(male)

Micousa HB User

The oils and creams I take have stopped the itching and is slowly keeping the skin moist.
Im going to have to try the sun for my psoriasis. I dont get out of the house much but I am going to try it.

The stuff her is really helpful. Nice to meet you all.

Old 03-13-2006, 05:08 AM   #13
(male)

garager HB User

Hi Everyone
I've had p. for many years now, all over my body. Well I can tell you that no creams and shampoo's have ever helped me. I do believe it's never going to go away w/ these type of products. However, what i'm going to tell you might help you out. I put in about a 1/4 cup of 100% ALOE VERA in my bath water and soak for about 30 min. at least twice a week.I also take vitamine E gels 400 IU. And i'm more on a greens diet, and meat. You need to get away from sugar, all those cookies and candy, and ice cream. Then your going to see a big difference in your flair ups, they should just about dissapear. It came so close to going away for me, but just not !00%, and thats what I am aiming for. Now i'm trying a new method, its seen great results w/ people, and so far its working great in my case, it's very simple to try, lets hope it will work for you, 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and honey to mix w/ to get rid of the awfull taste, you must take everyday. I'm telling you something so simple can do you great. Now i'm no doctor, this is just home remedy stuff that may or may not help you, it most certainly brought my life to normal, after 10 years of this skin condition. It takes about 2 weeks for you to start seeing a difference. Let me know how this works for you, i'll be reaing off and on for the next couple of weeks.
ps. sun is also very great for your condition, you need your vit. E

Closed Thread