It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

shadowcharmed HB User
Question Homeopathic help for psoriasis?

Hi everyone
My boyfriend has severe, chronic psoriasis, over his entire body (except his face and genitals - luckily!). He has had it for 25 years now, and as far as I can tell has only ever treated it using some fairly vile and vicious creams and lotions prescribed by his GP. Once every few years he goes into hospital for a couple of weeks where he is covered in cream from head to foot, bandaged up and has loads of special baths (coal tar?). These treatments sort his skin out for a few months, but then it comes back.
He is mildly overweight, drinks but doesn't smoke and is eating far less meat and fish since starting going out with me 6 months ago!
I am wondering if anyone has any experience of any homeopathic remedies for psoriasis, or dietary changes that have helped.
It seems to me that the medical treatment is very reactive and simply treats the symptoms, but no attempt has ever been made to try to find out why he has this, or if anything specific triggers it.
I can't see him giving up the creams etc completely to try a totally homeopathic remedy, but if there is a complementary medicine he could try alongside the prescribed stuff I think he would give it a go.
Thanks in advance
Emsr2d2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #2

nikisaini HB User
Re: Homeopathic help for psoriasis?

Hi
My dad was a homeopathic doctor back home in India..therefore I know about the medicine. The way homeopathic works is that I doesnt suppress the disease by treating the symptoms only..I works to completly cure the disease..sometimes 1-2 doses are enough if right diagnosis is done. But the bad side is that the medicine cause the disease to come out of the body..and it might be severe for a couple of days-week depending on how long you been living with the problem......my sister had warts she use to take pills for it and apply steriods and stuff.. she took the homeopathic medicine one dose only..over the week the symptoms got worse but now her warts are completly healed and no marks remain of any warts whatsoever..... If your bf psorasis comes back sometime just one another dose would do it. But you should consult a good homeopathic doc. The treatment is inexpensive. Tell your bf not to lose hope cause I took the medicine last yr. for eczema on my arms, it has not come back so far, but I have so much toxicity in my system that my stomach eczema has come back, I have taken the second dose now...and will feel better after this week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
Inactive

Hideout HB User

Definitely try a homeopathic medicine first. However, there is a brand new drug, Talconex, in the U.S., that is supposed to be really effective. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 04-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
(female)

muffin72492 HB User

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear about your bf I hope something works for him . Anyway I'm only 14 and have no idea what homeopatic remedy or psoriasis is can someone explain them to me? I think rosacea and excema run in my family, maybe psoriasis too anyway this sounds interesting and I'd like to know more so can someone please explain? Thanks, also would this work for rosacea?

Old 04-12-2006, 06:24 AM   #5
(male)

ChesterCityfan HB User

baths and vile creams may alleviate psoriasis temporarily but it will nor cure it. Psoriasis is caused by an imbalance in acids plus a number of other things (stress/mishaped spine). Basically it can only be cured with a strict diet. This is what I've found out through books and other research i've done. My psoriasis is pretty bad, i get red spots all over my body apart from my face but not to the extent of your fella and when i had tonsilitus and didn't eat for 4 days, it almost completely cured.

I'm not saying starve him! But look at what he eats and see if there's any particular food that brings out the disease. Tomatoes and peppers are known to have a derogotary effect and by trial and error, you should be able to at least cut down the disease.

take care and good luck

Closed Thread