It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
(male)

zigwyth HB User
Help!! Itchy Scalp psoriasis and ears

Iv'e been scanning this board for different remedies for this condition. I need a new poll of what has helped people with an extremely itchy scalp and even ears. I can't sleep at night. Have tried tar shampoos with no luck. Tried Apple cider vinegar. only helps temporarily.Have heard that the steroidal meds from Dermotologists only make the condition worse. Anyone with suggestions? Could it be diet? Please help. I can't take this anymore.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
(female)

carltongal HB User
Re: Help!! Itchy Scalp psoriasis and ears

i use sweet almond oil as well as steroid creams and antipsoriatic creams for my psoriasis, but I dont have any psoriasis on my hands and ears, so I dont know if using sweet almond oil would help you
hope you find something that works soon,
Carletongal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
(male)

zigwyth HB User

Thanks. I'll try the sweet almond oil. I also bought some organic flax seed oil.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
(male)

zigwyth HB User

Thanks Mag. I actually have been reading about the Dead Sea Salt products. I went to the Mall and there was a lady in a booth selling this product. Had a lot of different oils in it as well.Seemed kind of pricey. But I am willing to try anything at this point.Zig out

Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
(female)

Texanne HB User

Zigwyth,

I hope you have found some relief for your psoriasis. I have psoriasis on my scalp primarily, and have to be careful not to put too much pressure on my elbows or knees or they become irritated. I had white circular spots on my legs the first summer that I was diagnosed with psoriasis (1999) but since I originally treated them with Utravate and Dovonex ointments, I rarely ever see a body spot. If I do, I quickly put the ointment on it and it goes away. My scalp problem bothers me the most. I got the most relief originally from the steroidal liquid Cormax (CLobatesol Propionate Topical Solution USP, 0.05% generic). It is a water-like liquid which immediately helps soothe the scalp itch and eventually stops the plaques and flaking. It is the best thing I know of to date. It does not seem to work as well for me now, in the last couple of years, but it still helps. I may not be as diligent about applying it when it is generally under control. OTC Denorex Extra Strength salicylic acid shampoo gives me the more relief than the coal tar shampoos ever did. I think it helps that the Denorex has menthol which tingles and gives immediate relief to the itch. I am a bottle blonde and it seems to dull my blonde quickly or I would use it every shampoo. If you have dark hair, you can buy this and you will feel better soon. Good Luck!

Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
(male)

zigwyth HB User

Thanks Texanne for your post. I actually have the clobetasol and at first it seemed to be the miracle I wanted. Now it doesn't seem to help other than for maybe a couple hours. I have so many shampoos, some organic that it isn't funny. I have recently purchased all kind of oils(Tea Tree, Sweet almond, flax seed and am ready to make up a mix with the Dead Sea salt I ordered over the internet. I will keep everyone posted as to any relief.
God Bless. Zigwyth out.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:13 AM   #7
(male)

zigwyth HB User

OK Everbody. Am posting as promised. Highly recommend this Dead Sea salt/ oils for psoriasis anywhere on the body. I actually have been itching all over my body lately so I decided to make a bath mix. I got the Salt from Saltworks.com. Made a mix of Salt(about a cup) Sesame,
TeaTree,Flaxseed oils(there are many different oils that can be used) and apple cider vinegar in Lukewarm water. I made a mix of these with Denerex and put it in a spray bottle for the scalp, wrapped it in a towel and soaked about 20 minutes.Total relief all night! It's a bit of a hassle and I don't know that this will actually cure psoriasis, but it sure gives you relief. Good luck all. Zig

Closed Thread