It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
psoriasis and uvb lights

I I have had psorisis for maybe 6 years, and so that would be since I was about 12. I have tons of different creams, steroids, etc and they never worked. Lately, this year, its gotten very bad. Before it was all on my scalp, in my ears, and a few places on my stomach. Now, I have developed probably 15 new 1/2 inch spots all over my body. I went to my dr last week, and he said it was so bad now that I have to start light therapy. (You should have seen the look on my face, it lit up the room. I have been so self-conscious with this and that tears me up) Can anyone explain this better and let me know how well it worked for you?

If this doesn't work, injections are next.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
(female)

Triple777 HB User
Re: psorisis and uvb lights

I've had psoriasis for 25 years starting when I was 18. It was very minor, starting with the elbows, and then later to my knees, but very small patches. About five years ago, it appeared on my knuckles on my hands (yuckkkkkkk). For about the last 10 years I've gotten steriod shots for it, along with using creams. I've been under a lot of stress the last several years and I've even had some pop up on my face (cheeks). I hate the cream because it's so bad for your skin, but it flared so bad on my hands, it was driving me crazy. I am also vegetarian, and I read somewhere that many vegetarians are zinc deficient, and then I read that many psoriasis sufferers are also zinc deficient. So, I started eating raw unsalted pumpkin seeds which are rich in zinc and then I started taking supplements. I take a super antioxidant which includes 15 mgs of Zinc and another Zinc/copper combination, so that I am taking 30 mgs of Zinc every day. The effects have been amazing. The patches started to lighten up and I don't have any on my hands now. It hasn't all disappeared, but there is a significant difference in the color of it and the reoccurance of it. It has made a dramatic difference. My hands are clear now, my one knee is clear, and my elbows have about a quarter of the amount. Might help you too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
(female)

Morbid_Angel HB User

hey i got pysorisis last year, and im still 15, ive been told thers no cure,and just been given this liquid stuff which i put on the affected areas and it does nothing whatsoever apart from sting and dampen the area, can u explain any other help i can get perlees...

Old 05-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

Triple777 HB User
Lightbulb Re: psorisis and uvb lights

There is no cure, but it can go into remission, but until then there are many different ways to improve it. If you are using something that doesn't work, discontinue it and find something else. I assume you are seeing a dermatologist? Everyone is different and somethings work better on some than others. Talk to your dermatologist about other options. Good luck to you!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
(female)

DannDees HB User

I have psoriasis and I have them all over. Iam now 35 and first break out was at 12. I do light therapy. I take a pill 3 hours b4 tratment and I get very tan, something I love and my psoriasis are usually gone after about 3 weeks (9 treatments).. Once i get them completely gone i go to a regular tanning bed once a week for about 6 months and they stay gone for a good 3 years. I am told by dr. that I am one of the lucky ones because my remissions r for so long. There is a new ointment that was just okd by the fda and it is very expensive $438 a tube but it is suppose tobe very very good. I love my light treatment because b4 it i was never able to tan and when I'm in treatment I'm darker then my friends..lol.. anyways with psoriasis different things that work well for some will cause others to be worse. I think you should giveit a try...ILOVEIT!!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
(female)

DannDees HB User

also wanted to let you know that with my light treatment I dont just get better, the light leaves me looking as if i never had them ...NO SIGN OF THEM AT ALL..NO SCARS,REDDENNING OR ANYTHING.. sorry i come off so passionate about this but it saved my life. I was so embarresed over my skin that i would ditch school when i was young and hide out as much as I could when i was older.. A dr. finally told me about light therapy when i just busted out crying to him..I went from 12 years old to 21 living in misery for no reason at all..light therapy gave me a life cause b4 it I really had no life..

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
(female)

emergencyexit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid_Angel View Post
hey i got pysorisis last year, and im still 15, ive been told thers no cure,and just been given this liquid stuff which i put on the affected areas and it does nothing whatsoever apart from sting and dampen the area, can u explain any other help i can get perlees...
umm i have had psorisis since my early early childhood, sunlight clears it um,some creams,and if you go to a dermatologist they'll give you lots of topical things to try mine pops up here and there but i use this stuff i forget what its called but it helps dramatically, hope its of help.

Last edited by emergencyexit; 07-26-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
(female)

davephillyj HB User

What is better a Family Doctor, or Dermatoligist? I have it in my ears, behind them and real bad all on my scalp. I want to go to the one who is going to give me the best treatment from the get go.thanks

Closed Thread