It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
(male)

dirkson4 HB User
Psoriasis driving me crazy!!

Hi people, Im 22/m from Australia and I have psoriasis. I had the first symptoms of it about 17 and it has been there in one from or another since then but recently it has started getting worse and spreading which is causing me alot of distress. I get it in an unusual area apparently. I get it on my lower stomach between my belly button and genitles and between my thighs. I also have one spot under my arm. I have now noticed a couple of spots higher up on my stomach and lower toward my knees . The fact that its around my genitles is causing me alot of discomfort for obvious reasons.

I was using Elecon cream only for years to calm down the flare and it worked well but recently it seems to not be having much of an effect. I now use a soap substitute and moisturise the affected areas regualry with special mosituriser for psoriasis but the last month it seems as if nothing is having much of an effect. I have been drinking alcohol alot more recently i dont suppose that could be a reason?

There are six kids in my family including my twin brother none who have psoriasis. Mum and dad didnt have it either but my uncle on my dads side did so I guess thats where ive got it from it sucks!! This condition is making me sink into deep depression thinking that I may have to deal with it the rest of my life. It is really affecting my life and I just want to get it under control!

I hate rubbing creams over myself but ill do anything that helps. I dont understand why it is so difficult to treat and that havent found a cure yet!! It would be good if we could just take a pill or something. does that exist?

Any advice from fellow sufferers or anyone would be greatly appeciated.

-Rick-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #2

Bballer619 HB User
Re: Psoriasis driving me crazy!!

Man i know what your going through im 16 and play ball and everything and i get flares of psoriasis atleast thats what i think all over me on my chest a few on my back my thighs legs its crazy... they are just little red dots... and when they dry up after the cream my dermotoligist gave me they crust its so depressing knowing you cant swim or workout with your shirtoff when you have this flares i wish they would come out with a pill or something. The cream they gave me is clobetasol propionate usp 0.05% 45 g Taro cream lol. and it helps get them off in like a week or more.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

rockdudette HB User
Re: Psoriasis driving me crazy!!

hey im 16 and i have psoriasis on my scalp, stomach and back..it sucks i know but i guess ive gotten used to it. mine r mild but it seems like they get worse by the year. they always flare up wen im tense and im the type of person who gets tense all the time..im always worrying.
i wish they wud find a cure its a hassle having to use steroids all the time and im still young, i dnt think its really gd ya know. hell knows how my skin is gonna b by the time im old hehe

Closed Thread