It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #1

Bballer619 HB User
Psoriasis i think

Im 16 and athletic... a couple years ago i caught infitigo at ball camp atleast i think... we went to a doctor and they gave me cream for ring worm because thats what they thought it was and it looked like it to me... well it didnt work.. so we bought every store bought cream tried every home remedy everything! nothing worked... finally i went to a dermitologist and they said it was negative for ringworm and said i had infitigo... they gave me pills and cream and it worked finally!!! Ok just recently ive been getting these flares of red spots on my chest legs thighs.. they itched so i went back to a dermtologist thinking i had infitigo again and another doctor said it was a type of psoriasis but she wasnt sure what kind... she gave me a cream to control it... and if i use it everyday its gone in about 3 weeks. but it keeps coming back and back like 3 weeks after its gone! Im confused people help please.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 AM   #2
(male)

dirkson4 HB User
Re: Psoriasis i think

sounds like psoriasis go and find out to make sure

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I have it too, since I was about 12, and it never goes away. Sometimes it gets bad, sometimes its okay, but you will always have it. It is chronic. Right now I will start light treatments, but thats because its getting really bad.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

With psoriasis, you can't really stop putting the creams on or it just comes back. There's no real cure for it, it just kind of comes and goes as it pleases. It's an autoimmune issue. Like you, I was first diagnosed w/ ringworm (back when I was 9), then I got some underneath my eye and was treated for a stye... it wasn't until (like you) it popped up in splotches all over my back & legs that I was correctly diagnosed. We treated it with light, tar & creams for about a year until it just disappeared. I've occasionally gotten splotces over the years, but recently "broke out" again pretty bad all over my body. I recently gave birth, so I think that triggered a new autoimmune response. It's a total pain in the butt, but if you stay ontop of the treatment, it's typically managable.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
(female)

jadedjinx HB User

I hope this information is usefull to someone.
I've suffered from psoriasis for years. Tried all kinds of treatment. Nothing really worked. I would break out on my face legs and arms. After researching psoriasis i decided to try my own treatment. I Cut redmeat, alcohol (beer especailly) and most dairy out of my diet. Within 2 weeks, I stopped breaking out. THEN the creams started to help with the spots that were already there. My face and arms are completely healed (it's been a total of 4 months now). The two reallly bad spots I have on my legs are almost gone. Now if I eat a steak, within 2 days I break out. So now i'm just selective when I want to eat redmeat. Although it's been 4 months, i've had psoirasis for years, this is the closest i've come to having "normal" skin.
Hope this helps someone

Closed Thread