It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

AmbitionBaby HB User
Unhappy Psoriasis!! Help

The dermatologist thinks it some kind of Psoriasis, Shes not sure what kind, she gave me cream to put on it to control it. But the problem is the cream turns my skin white on the spots i put it on, and if i dont use the cream then the spots appear and take over, i lay in the tanning bed and it helps a little. Someone please help and tell me what i can do and what else this could be im confused, they appear all over my chest and legs they are itchy little red bumps that sometimes have a yellow crusty patch on them, i know it seems nassty, but i need to get rid of these and everytime i get rid of them in 3-4 days there back someone please help me i cant take my shirt off!!! Im depressed.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Psoriasis!! Help

AmbitionBaby,
I can't tell you how to fix it. I don't know what it is. And, I certainly don't want to ask you to do away with the one thing that seems to help but, I would suggest that you stop going to the tanning bed. For one thing, while you don't know what exactly this problem is, it is possible that you may be spreading it to other unsuspecting people. I know that tanning beds are supposed to be sterilized after each use but, sometimes someone slacks off and, the potential for spread is likely. Another thing is, try to think back to when this problem started? Did it start when you first started tanning or sometime after? It is entirely possible you caught it from your tanning salon. Just to be on the safe side, do consider taking a break from the salon and see if it corrects itself. Even if it doesn't, consider the pain and irritation that you may be saving others.

If your current derm wasn't of much help, consider seeing another one.

The only other things I can suggest are a cortizone cream for the itch. Or neosporin...it is a great healer. Perhaps aloe...for its natural properties. Maybe stop off at your local herbal store and talk to them so see if there is something internally you can take and something externally you can put on it. I wish I had a better suggestion.

Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
(male)

AmbitionBaby HB User

Ok ty much, But the problem started 2 years ago, when I played basketball for the highschool, I started getting bumps, and the doctor said it was infitigo or whatever gave me pills and cream which helped, but then like this past 6 months ive been getting big flares of what the derm said is some kind of Psoriasis? She also said i couldnt spread it, I dont even know i need to go back to the derm and get it checked out again. Ty for help though.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

arimaspi HB User

I myself have battled psoriasis for the past 5 or so yrs. Your derm. should be able to biopsy the area if he's unsure if it's psoriasis. Typically a steroid cream will help calm any flare-ups. In my case, I would start to get better and then become resistent to the med and flare up again. Not to mention that mine spread so much that creams were not feasible. I have now been on a biologic autoimmune suppresant med (enbrel)that I self inject twice a week and I am now almost completely cleared. But my dermatologist told me that you have to have over 30% affected area to be able to get this med. Good luck and let me know if I can help answer any questions you might have.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
(male)

opalglassman HB User

hey whats up i feel the same guys. as far as i could remeber i have always got thewse little bumps around me elbow everyonce and a while and then they would leave they were real itchy. well then after i would sometimes get little blisters on my hands. tiny irritating one.s they would leave too. but then i got anxiety. in 2003. and about a year later i broke my arm. it was a horrible way to brake it it got pinned between a tire and the car frame. i wrent into a shock. i think. well months later. the cast was off. and i got a few red bumps around my elbow. and blisters on my hands. but bigger ones mor\e clusteredand painful. then the ones around my elbows got bigger and i itched soon growing into patches of red raised skin that would weep. then under my armpits on my stomach shins back. and feet huge blisters. i thought it was an allergic reaction to my sisters cats some cats used to make my eyes watery. then i found out that was not it then i thought it was fungus. i tried everything from diets to creams. to even bleach. nothing wqorked . i even felt suicidal. my skin burned . then i went to mexico to see a family docter, he told me it was my nerves gave me a shot of penicilin for the infection i had cause of the itching. it all went away. but came back worse. i went back and he told me look it will never go away untill you stip stressing. ever. its up to me he said. another shot . now i try and jog everynight to relieve stress and i drink chamomile tea to calm my nerves. a friend told me it was psoriasis when you get a rash from nerves. the rash is back but is under the skin everyonce and a while a blister breaks thru but i never ever scratch. and try my best to stay stress free. it makes sense i mean i always got those little rashes on my elbows and hands and i have always been a nervouse person. i just thin the anxiety and broken arm thing just set off so much stress my nerves reacted this way. it is not curable. but you can manage it . and also the more you stress about it the worse the rash gets that is from experiance. now a itchy bump showes up i dont scratch and its gonein about a week. my secret is to never ever scratch and to exercise . try and stay stress free.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
(female)

butlerjulie HB User
Smile Re: Psoriasis!! Help

Hi i am emailing from the Uk, my son who is now 8 had a bout of psoriasis a few years ago, all over his legs and i would cry when i looked at him. I took him to a private hospital here in London and the Doctor gave him some cream called Dovabet and it cleared it up. Fingers crossed it does not return. Good luck i hope it works for you.

Closed Thread