It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

myladylis HB User
How to control PSORIASIS ???

My husband (25) has Psoriasis since a couple years. The patches have been spreading more and more and the creams are quite annoying thing for a guy. The cream makes the patches dissappear but then where are you suppose to keep finding the right spots. Other than extrem treatments that boarderline with chimo....there are those strict diets.

Here is one (posted below) that i find quiet interesting and was wondering if anybody has tried a yeast free/ gluten free diet? Also the Ultra Inflam X??

Vitamines alone haven't done the trick as I had bought him Omega 3-6-9, shark cartilage and flax oil.

Anyways here is a doctor recommended one:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I am 29 years old and suffer from psoriasis on my elbows and knees. How can I relieve this?

A..Psoriasis is a skin condition that leads to a very itchy rash with thick, red, raised patches and silvery white scales. The cause is unknown, but many different factors can contribute to it.

Incomplete protein digestion. This causes bacteria acting on the proteins in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract to form toxic compounds that trigger excessive skin cell proliferation. To prevent this, chew meats well, take enzymes with your meals, and drink your mealtime beverage about 30 minutes before you eat. Avoid excessive consumption of animal fats, especially red meat, egg yolks and other foods high in arachidonic acid.

Allergies and other causes. One of the most common contributing allergies is gluten allergy. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, oats, rye and barley. Many psoriasis sufferers improve when they go off these foods. Other causes include stress and toxins in the GI tract--which include yeast compounds such as Candida, bacterial byproducts, endotoxins, parasites and more.

A variety of treatments can help relieve your psoriasis. A few include:

Nutrients and modified fasting. Psoriasis causes skin cells to divide as much as 1,000 times faster than normal. Therefore, you must take in adequate amounts of specific nutrients, or the demands on your immune system could cause your psoriasis to worsen.

One of the fastest ways to get psoriasis under control is to start a modified fast with the rice bran protein supplement Ultra Inflam-X. A hypoallergenic mixture, it is combined with extra-virgin olive oil, rice bran and probiotics, which include acidophilus, bifidobacteria and other healthful bacteria. My patients drink this, blended with water, three to four times a day for about one to two weeks.

Patients who are unable to do only this will add brown rice and vegetables such as organic spinach, romaine lettuce, cabbage, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli. I do not recommend the "night shades" such as tomatoes, potatoes or peppers because many people are allergic to these. Yet remember, avoid gluten.

**Controlled diet. Limit intake of sugar, white processed flour and other devitalized foods, red meat and other animal meats except for chicken, fish and turkey. Choose skim-milk products.

Add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet. These include fish-oil supplementation and flaxseed oil. Fish oil that contains only purified EPA in a dose of 3 to 4 grams a day usually will decrease psoriasis in a few months. It is difficult to find purified EPA, however, because most fish oils in health-food stores contain high levels of lipid peroxides, which are very dangerous fats. Therefore, eat cold-water fish, such as salmon, mackerel, herring and halibut at least 3 times a week or every day if your psoriasis is severe.

**Nutrition supplements. Take a high-quality multivitamin- mineral supplement daily to ensure adequate amounts of vitamins A, E and D, and zinc and chromium. If you are pregnant or at risk of becoming pregnant, take no more than 2,500 IUs of vitamin A daily. Otherwise, take up to 50,000 IUs daily.

I take all my psoriasis patients off alcohol to improve liver function and place them on milk thistle in a dose of 420 milligrams (mg) a day. Other herbs such as burdock root, yellow dock and red clover act as blood purifiers or alteratives and are extremely beneficial when taken three times a day. Many herbal manufacturers combine all three. Take burdock root in a dose of 1 to 2 grams three times a day.

Dried sarsaparilla root, in capsule form, taken in a dose of about 3 grams three times a day is very effective against psoriasis. Sarsaparilla bind bacterial endotoxins and allow for their elimination from the GI tract. Rice bran, psyllium and other fiber supplements help cleanse the bowel and bind toxins in the GI tract. Increase fruits and vegetables in your diet because they contain natural fiber.

In addition, licorice cream is a natural cream that helps relieve psoriasis. It contains glycyrrhetinic acid, which has an effect very similar to cortisone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Last edited by myladylis; 08-14-2006 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
(male)

dirkson4 HB User
Re: How to control PSORIASIS ???

I dont believe in any special diets its all a scam it doesn't help. Im 22 male with psoriasis and its the worst thing in the world and is destoying my life. I an relying on biologic injections to save me

Old 08-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
(male)

opalglassman HB User
Lightbulb Re: How to control PSORIASIS ???

well as for me i got it right after i broke my arm in 2003 . at tghe time i had a fungus on the top of my foot. so i i got rid of it and 3 months later i broke out with this rash on my arms legs feet stomach . i went to a docter and he said it was not fungus. he gave me a shot cause he said it was infected cause i had been scratching. so he gave me a shot of penacilin and it cleared up but was back in a few weeks. was like that for 3 years. i even gave up on the docter and started to beileve once again it was a fungus. i tried everything . vinigar creams even bleach. nothing so finally i went to a very good docter and he said it was my nerves. a friend of mine told me that is psoriasis. so now i try and stay calm the rash is back but only under the skin and i never ever scratch and it looks good. . i try and jog every night to relieve stress. i also drink chamomile tea to to calm me down it makes sense noe that i think of it i remember when i would stress about the rash i would get really really itchy. so far so good. now i know why they say being nervouse all the time is not a good thing. lol. so i guess it is to stay calm and never scratch as for the psoriasis sorry there is no cure. just learn how to manage the break outs.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
(female)

queenie66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire7
I dont believe in any special diets its all a scam it doesn't help. Im 22 male with psoriasis and its the worst thing in the world and is destoying my life. I an relying on biologic injections to save me
It's not the worst thing in the world and stress only makes it worse. I've had psoriasis since I was 11. Try going through middle school with it. I know it sucks and as you will learn nothing works for very long on it, so you will always be trying new treatments. The trick is to come to terms with it yourself mentally and find a dermatologists you trust and has experience with it. Some of the best treatments I have used are formulas that my dermatologists has had mixed special. I'm currently using dovanex and a mix of Betameth-Valo.1%/Prop Glycol1:1. I also go to Yoga every week for the stress. I've always been very open about my psoriasis, I wear shorts and tanks (the sun is good for it remember). If someone asks about it I tell them. I never had trouble getting a date, or a job, and have found that people will often open up to me about something they have, nobody's perfect and we all have to deal with something.

The Following User Says Thank You to queenie66 For This Useful Post:
LindaMae (10-04-2012)
Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 AM   #5
(female)

myladylis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire7

I have never heard of that. What do they do?

I have heard of chimo like treatments but who wants to do that?

I have heard that diets have a huge effect on psoriasis...which one did you try? Apparently psoriasis is hard to control because it seems that every person has different results with whatever treatment they use/ are on, for one it seems to work and for the other it doesn't.

My husband wants to go see a nutritionist and see if there will be any changes.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #6
(male)

dweigand HB User

Myladlis,

The diet you posted for psoriasis looks very accurate, can you tell us where you found that post or the name of that doctor?

Old 09-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
(female)

myladylis HB User

the doctors is dr. Don Colbert. I wrote him through his website and that is what i got back.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
(male)

Corky-tw HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myladylis
My husband (25) has Psoriasis since a couple years. The patches have been spreading more and more and the creams are quite annoying thing for a guy. The cream makes the patches dissappear but then where are you suppose to keep finding the right spots. Other than extrem treatments that boarderline with chimo....there are those strict diets.

Here is one (posted below) that i find quiet interesting and was wondering if anybody has tried a yeast free/ gluten free diet? Also the Ultra Inflam X??

Vitamines alone haven't done the trick as I had bought him Omega 3-6-9, shark cartilage and flax oil.

Anyways here is a doctor recommended one:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I am 29 years old and suffer from psoriasis on my elbows and knees. How can I relieve this?

A..Psoriasis is a skin condition that leads to a very itchy rash with thick, red, raised patches and silvery white scales. The cause is unknown, but many different factors can contribute to it.

Incomplete protein digestion. This causes bacteria acting on the proteins in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract to form toxic compounds that trigger excessive skin cell proliferation. To prevent this, chew meats well, take enzymes with your meals, and drink your mealtime beverage about 30 minutes before you eat. Avoid excessive consumption of animal fats, especially red meat, egg yolks and other foods high in arachidonic acid.

Allergies and other causes. One of the most common contributing allergies is gluten allergy. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, oats, rye and barley. Many psoriasis sufferers improve when they go off these foods. Other causes include stress and toxins in the GI tract--which include yeast compounds such as Candida, bacterial byproducts, endotoxins, parasites and more.

A variety of treatments can help relieve your psoriasis. A few include:

Nutrients and modified fasting. Psoriasis causes skin cells to divide as much as 1,000 times faster than normal. Therefore, you must take in adequate amounts of specific nutrients, or the demands on your immune system could cause your psoriasis to worsen.

One of the fastest ways to get psoriasis under control is to start a modified fast with the rice bran protein supplement Ultra Inflam-X. A hypoallergenic mixture, it is combined with extra-virgin olive oil, rice bran and probiotics, which include acidophilus, bifidobacteria and other healthful bacteria. My patients drink this, blended with water, three to four times a day for about one to two weeks.

Patients who are unable to do only this will add brown rice and vegetables such as organic spinach, romaine lettuce, cabbage, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli. I do not recommend the "night shades" such as tomatoes, potatoes or peppers because many people are allergic to these. Yet remember, avoid gluten.

**Controlled diet. Limit intake of sugar, white processed flour and other devitalized foods, red meat and other animal meats except for chicken, fish and turkey. Choose skim-milk products.

Add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet. These include fish-oil supplementation and flaxseed oil. Fish oil that contains only purified EPA in a dose of 3 to 4 grams a day usually will decrease psoriasis in a few months. It is difficult to find purified EPA, however, because most fish oils in health-food stores contain high levels of lipid peroxides, which are very dangerous fats. Therefore, eat cold-water fish, such as salmon, mackerel, herring and halibut at least 3 times a week or every day if your psoriasis is severe.

**Nutrition supplements. Take a high-quality multivitamin- mineral supplement daily to ensure adequate amounts of vitamins A, E and D, and zinc and chromium. If you are pregnant or at risk of becoming pregnant, take no more than 2,500 IUs of vitamin A daily. Otherwise, take up to 50,000 IUs daily.

I take all my psoriasis patients off alcohol to improve liver function and place them on milk thistle in a dose of 420 milligrams (mg) a day. Other herbs such as burdock root, yellow dock and red clover act as blood purifiers or alteratives and are extremely beneficial when taken three times a day. Many herbal manufacturers combine all three. Take burdock root in a dose of 1 to 2 grams three times a day.

Dried sarsaparilla root, in capsule form, taken in a dose of about 3 grams three times a day is very effective against psoriasis. Sarsaparilla bind bacterial endotoxins and allow for their elimination from the GI tract. Rice bran, psyllium and other fiber supplements help cleanse the bowel and bind toxins in the GI tract. Increase fruits and vegetables in your diet because they contain natural fiber.

In addition, licorice cream is a natural cream that helps relieve psoriasis. It contains glycyrrhetinic acid, which has an effect very similar to cortisone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
I heard about this and decided to give it a go. I've had psoriasis for about 12years without it being a major problem but in the last 2 years it has spread to my face so I started taking more seriously and have tried all sorts. I have found that taking nuts out of my diet helps, so when I read about gluten free diet I thought that was worth a try too. I have to say (although I've not been 100% strict) I've noticed a marked improvement with the psoriasis flaring up again when my diet relapsed over Christmas. I have howver only been on this diet for about 4 weeks. Be interested to hear how anyone else got on with this.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #9

SEVANS HB User

I have been cleared of psoriasis twice now....this is how I got clear!

I had some nasty itching going on so ask my doctor what would help and she suggested getting a blood allergy test for trigger foods! I never heard of that...only the scratch tests. So I said ok let's do it...took a couple weeks to get results but it came back with 12 foods to avoid for 2 1/2 months and then try adding them back...if it didn't cause a problem then I should eat it only every 4 days (rotate the foods) I finished the trigger food fast at the end of Sept. since I was already prepped for the diet I decided to try the Pagano eating plan (I had the book for over a year but never got the motivation to try it)

So the first time I cleared was on Dr. Pagano's eating plan from his book (Healing Psoriasis)...I did not do everything he suggested such as the colonics but did follow a pretty good diet. He recommends a 80% alkaline foods to 20% acid foods...which basicly is lots of fresh vegies and fruits with poultry, fish (wild caught), lamb.He also stressed drinking (powdered) slippery elm tea and American saffron tea.
I stayed clear for a couple years except for my scalp P...nothing would get rid of it!!!
In Hindsite I think it was a combination of getting rid of foods that did not agree with me (milk, soy, broccoli etc) and giving up all the sweets....mainly sugary foods! (which yeast loves when you eat sugar) Plus eating healthy foods I buy all organic everything...meat, produce, eggs, chickens cereal what ever else I need..I'm finding many organic things are now at the supermarkets!

So then I was helping clear some old leaves and debris from our yard last spring and got poison ivy...what an experience....! as the poison ivy was going away ...guttate psoriasis was appearing on my arms in its place!...
I had gotten a little braver of eating foods that I shouldn't have, so quickly went back on the alkaline/acid diet!
Decided to get another blood allergy test since food allergies can change so easily (unless you rotate and I didn't) I still had soy and milk on the list but others changed!
I knew I had to find something to help this alng cause some of the guttate was turning into plaque P and was spreading.... This time I had 4 different types of psoriasis!!! so I went hunting for an ointment or gel or something...

I did find that curcumin ( the spice)was good for Psorias inside and out...so I added that to my supplement list....( and I made my own curcumin gel...but I would advise you find a commercial one because I had yellow color on everything especially the bed linen!!!)
I'm clear again and have been for several months.....don't know how long it will last but I'm smiling now...it is a nasty problem that kinda nips at our heels...always there....waiting.....
Good luck to anyone that has psoriasis...I really think cleaning up the diet is a big help!
If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

p.s. I agree with the above post from the doctor as I have read many similar reports on the same thing.....

Last edited by SEVANS; 01-05-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVANS
I did find that curcumin ( the spice)was good for Psorias inside and out...so I added that to my supplement list....( and I made my own curcumin gel...but I would advise you find a commercial one because I had yellow color on everything especially the bed linen!!!)
How did you hear about Cuccumin? And what exactly does it do? I have psoriasis and am using a steroid cream right now that is working very well. Lately my skin has gotten so bad, and I'm only 19.

Last edited by boicrazy3188; 01-07-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

koyla86 HB User

You are all trying various ways to control PSORIASIS. The body can control and fight any health condition - it just needs help, and that help is extra breathing to create extra fighter cells in the blood. If all of you start doing this then we can compare notes and I will update/modify this post to clarify any points raised. This is the simple best free control/cure you will come across and it has worked.
The Yoga Pranayam (breathing exercises) are:

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 20 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for upto 20 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

Tips : Breathe into lungs not into stomach. Do not hurry. Do it slowly. Rest whenever needed (in any pranayam).Can be done in sitting position, standing or lying in bed(if bed-bound).Keep tissues handy, as a lot of mucous from lungs will be coming through the nose.Try and do pranayam before meals.
How does it work:
Pranayam is about getting more oxygen into the lungs and sending it around the body via blood to aid in body repair. With extra oxygen more platelets and red blood cells are formed to build up the immune system.Extra fat is burned to reduce weight. All this happens naturally without side-effects.People with all types of ailments including incurable ones will benefit. This has been practised by sages, but has been simplified and brought to the masses by Ramdev.

Tell the medical advisor that you are doing pranayam and also tell others. Only by trying you will discover the benefits and then tell others via this board.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
(female)

becloe HB User

Healing Psoriasis: The natural Alternative (Pagano) is about food, and how it affects psoriasis. There are no gimmicks, and nothing to buy. Just a simple explanation on how your skin is an organ, and is working to rid itself of toxic waste.

Pagano lists specific foods that are more toxic to the body that should be avoided like red meat and tomatoes. I've been following his methods since September and besides a little redness on my knuckles, you would never know that I have had it for 14 years (knuckles, elbows, knews, and ankles).

Borrow from your library or used book store - it's worth trying and you are investing very little. His methods are based upon the famed works of Edward Cace.

Closed Thread