It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User
A vitamin or mineral that helps prevent or treat psoriasis?

I was thinking of maybe a pill like Vitamin B or Zinc or something I can take to help prevent or clear up the psoriasis. DOes anybody ahve any help or ideas?
The tazorac cream I Have been using doesn' really work. So far the best thing is using alcohol and peroxide to dry it out and make it almost invisible.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
(male)

woodyman HB User
Re: A vitamin or mineral that helps prevent or treat psoriasis?

2 things I do.

I, well my Mum found me some Dead Sea Bath Salts...as often as 5 times a week I soak in a bath of this stuff, and it seems to really keep it calm on my body.

The next, is a cream I am using. It is called ProTopic, and it is the perfect cream. I have had the condition for a little over a year now, and tried countless things, which have had almost no effect...this new cream I got prescribed to me, is honestly the best. I am not saying it will work for you, because it seems that people react to different stuff in different ways, but give it a shot, because you will be in love with it if it works !!

You cant prevent it, only manage it. Sometimes your body will stop causing the raid skin production, and you can have no sign of it for months, years at a time...otherwise, it is finding the right thing for you, like I have had to.

All the best with it, let us know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #3
(male)

Takecare HB User

Any Natural Fruit or Fruit Juice Rich in Vitamin C, can be very usefull. Try Fresh Oranges or its Juice. Its Most Helpful if you take Regulerly. Good luck & "Takecare"

Old 01-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
(male)

woodyman HB User

No don't use fresh orange juice...christ unless you have been told otherwise about your type of psoriasis, the citrus component in it severely aggravates it. I was told to avoid excessive consumption at all times.

I agree that the Vitamin C is good, but find it from another source, Vitamin tablets or such, don't take it straight from oranges because you cant avoid the citrus.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

There's a supplement called evening primrose oil. Its used for eczema as well. Do not take it if you're on seizure medication or if you experience seizures.

Closed Thread