It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User
Foods that have caused psoriasis?

anybody know ?

Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
(male)

woodyman HB User
Re: Foods that have caused psoriasis?

It is very unlikely that foods have caused your condition...

I suffer from it as well, and I was told that, while I was still eating Oranges (citrus fruits in general), Dairy, Wheat, Red Meat...countless things...they were accelerating the condition, while it was starting to develop.

I was unaware of this coming upon me, and not until I found the rash on my arm that wasn't going did I go to the doctors. For a while I was stunned by this incurable condition, but since then, almost a year ago, I have had various creams, and finally found one that truly works for me, ProTopic.

Until you find something that manages it, try to avoid Citrus fruits cause thise seems to be the highest aggravation to it.

God luck though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
(female)

jaxjay1308 HB User

I do not know much about psoriasis although I do know that my godmother had to become vegan as meat made her flare up. you shall have to try cutting certain foods out. You have to cut it out for one month though otherwise it does not work properly.
Hope this helps

Old 02-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
(female)

becloe HB User

Hello, yes indeed food plays a major part with psoriasis. I have battled it for 14 years trying every lotion and potion, then I read a book called Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative, Pagano. Basically his theory: psoriasis is caused by too much acidic foods. Willing to try anything (it's on my hands and really embarrassing) I stopped eating red meat, pork, tomatoes, peppers, and a few other things that supposedly cause the body to be more toxic.

I also got a colonic (recommended to detox), a spinal adjustment, and did the apple cleanse for 3 days. It's been since September and you wouldn't even know that I have it unless you look very closely (slightly redder than the rest of my skin, but no scaly skin). I am shocked as I haven't seen a cream or ointment that has given me success like a simple change in my diet.
There has been a few occassions that I have ate beef or tomatoes, and my psoriasis will "flare up" for a day or two, but as long as I stay away from the "toxic" foods it usually calms down.
No creams or ointments; just a change in diet. Absolutely worth a try if you really want to rid yourself of such a horrible affliction!

Last edited by becloe; 02-07-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User

what about eggs. Are those bad?

Closed Thread