It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
(male)

Mark_B HB User
psoriasis and MS

Hi, I was wondering if any of you also suffer with Psoriasis? I read today that Psoriasis is twice as likely in a MS patient then in the general public.

Went in for my MRI last week, have an appointment this friday. I wonder if brain tumors can cause so many MS symptoms? It seems to me that if some one had a brain tumor - symptoms would not come and go. Hell I don't know, today I feel like crap! And I got so much work to do... I just want to go home and eat soup. Lately I love soup.

The ramblings of a ...........

Mark

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

Kim_blessed HB User
Re: psoriasis and MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_B View Post
Hi, I was wondering if any of you also suffer with Psoriasis? I read today that Psoriasis is twice as likely in a MS patient then in the general public.

Went in for my MRI last week, have an appointment this friday. I wonder if brain tumors can cause so many MS symptoms? It seems to me that if some one had a brain tumor - symptoms would not come and go. Hell I don't know, today I feel like crap! And I got so much work to do... I just want to go home and eat soup. Lately I love soup.

Mark
I am not sure about the comorbidity of psoriasis and MS, but I do know that there has been a link established between 1st degree relatives with psorasis and MS. My father has severe psorasis and the Neuro became much more concerned about my symptoms once he heard that.

As far as the cross over between presenting symptoms and brain tumors, you are absolutey right. Leisions cause pressure in the brain just as tumors would.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #3
(female)

dawnies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_B View Post

Mark

Old 01-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #4
(female)

dawnies HB User

Hiya, hope you are feeling good today, I have just read your post on Psoriasis and MS. I was dxed with MS nearly 4 years ago but i have had Psoriasis for 37 years and have never heard of the 2 being linked i will have to look into it, I also have Psoriatic Arthritis as if MS wasnt enough to cope with.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i always had eczema as a kid,, when i became a teenager it wasn't as bad,, well this winter i have been ithcing like crazy,, the winter hasn't been bad here in swPA in the 60's till last week and we finally have some snow, but the past couple of weeks i have been itchy itchy itchy, i even tried baby lotion and that seems to make it worse, i go to the dr on feb 8th so i will see what she says.

Closed Thread