It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

mangrease HB User
Thumbs down Embarrassing Psoriasis

I just moved to BC and have no doctor (they're in high demand here!) and so I'm kind of looking for an at-home treatment...

I have psoriasis on my scalp, which I'm treating with Psoriasin Gel, but I am afraid I also have more spots that can't be treated the same. I have asmall spot at the top of my labia, a circle almost. I starts just before my labia and circles around. I also have a line in the crease of my bum! It's soo embarrassing... I hate it. The crease doesn't flake because the skin is pressed together... but It's so annoying because the flakes goop up instead. Anything that could help would be appreciated. I am also quite poor, so something cheap would be nice..

heeeeelllp!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Embarrassing Psoriasis

You can try aloe vera gel. The kind you get from a health store. Also a supplement called evening primrose oil or borage oil/GLA may work. Those supplements shouldn't be taken if you're on seizure meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 AM   #3
(male)

Mustaine HB User

Hi i have psoriasis aswell and i get it in the crease of my bum and in most other folds in my body (armpits, groin, behind ears) etc. It really sucks i know what your going through. I use a diper rash cream called 'destin' which is should be available at chemist/drugstore there in the US which i presume you are (Im from Australia). It should help for and psoriasis in the skin folds. Thats really cheap. If that doesnt help theres a great prescription ointment called ' tacromilus' which is normally used for eczema but its great and safe for psoriasis in areas of senstive skin. Hope this helps some way. goodluck

Old 02-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

Jarry HB User

Hi, I've has psorasis for years, just on my elbows, which I know is lucky in itself. As we all know this is a nervous issue, holding back on something. Well I went to Acupuncture (My cure for everything) and it has helped my psorasis so much. I think you can slap on creams and it will fix the problem for a wile but getting to the root of the problem will fix it permanently. I have been going for 2 years and I can now show my elbows with pride. To be honest it has been a rough 2 years getting to the root of my problems but it has helped so much in the long run...Its expensive but worth it, so when you have some cash try it out.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
(female)

Lstumpy HB User

I have psoriasis on my left nipple and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere else. My mother got some sample medication from the doctor's office she works at and it took a few days for it to start working.. After I ran out, I asked her to get more. Instead, she told me to try Corizone 10, that anti-itch cream for bug bites and such. It worked MUCH faster than the medication I had previously used. My skin cleared up within 24 hours and everytime I feel a breakout starting to creep up, I put some cortizone on it and I'm perfectly fine.

Closed Thread