It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

cherry_bomb HB User
dyed hair an scalp psoriasis

i have dyed hair as well as scalp psoriasis an while i have found that my shampoo for dyed hair soothes my scalp an relieves me of the problem for a while the itching an flakes return weekly. Is there any kind of shampoo that can be used on dyed hair that helps treat psoriasis? i already have tried certain ones reccomended such as tar based ones but they strip the colour rather dramatically

Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

cherry_bomb HB User
Re: dyed hair an scalp psoriasis

really no ideas~?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
(female)

Texanne HB User

I think we are all having the same problem. I've had psoriasis for about 10 years now, and the best thing that I can tell you is to use the salicylic acid shampoos instead of the tar based ones. I found that the tar shampoos caused my light blonde hair to be dingy and I needed to color more often. The salicylic acid seems to help me more anyway. The other thing you can do is make sure that you wet your hair and then put conditioner on it first, then try to just shampoo the scalp area. (I would put the shampoo on with a shower cap and let it soak in for a minute ) There is also a product called Scalpicin which is 3% Salicylic Acid, that you just soak into your scalp. I think that these are better than the shampoos, because our hair is not the problem, the scalp is!

Good Luck,

Texanne

Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
I also dye my hair, and have a mild case of scalp psoriasis. I never found a shampoo that didn't strip the hair color, until recently.
I was at the local health food store, and bought Aubrey Organics shampoo. It has only natural ingredients, and no SLS - (which is irritating). I chose it because it was on sale. I was looking for an organic shampoo, and that's the one I ended up with. It has been great - my scalp feel wonderful, and my hair looks so much healthier - my co-workers even noticed.

As I mentioned, I have a 'mild' case, so this may not work for everyone. I think the key here is the 'natural' ingredients - not so much which brand you get. The shampoo and conditioner are very different consistency of anything I've used before, and it's making a difference for me.

Mary

Closed Thread