It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User
Question Psoriasis

Can a Person have Psoriasis on one part of the Body,and does it itch and burn?I have an area on my L Foot that is a reddish color,and it sightly itches and burns.I don't notice it anywhere else.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
(male)

pphillips001 HB User
Re: Psoriasis

L_B

I believe that Psoriasis is more likely to appear on your joints and scalp before appearing elsewhere. More severe case have Psoriasis all over the body. I know the Docs can determine if it is P by examining the scab.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Sounds like athlete's foot more than psoriasis. A doctor could tell you for sure.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
(male)

cashmoni HB User

A biopsy is the only way to tell.I have it and had it severly b4.I only have a couple of patches now and they itch and flake skin(dry).

Go see a dermatologist and get diagnosed,it's managable but not curable.

gl,
cash

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
(female)

cutie1313 HB User

Psoriasis can show up in one spot or many. Typically, it shows up on joints, scalp, fingers, and nails, but I do know of people that get cracked, dry skin on their feet and is part of psoriasis. Since you posted this in Sept -you probably already went to see a dermatologist and know what it is.

For those that don't know what Psoriasis (aka P)is and is reading this-
Psoriasis is a rapid growth of skin cells. Those with normal skin, technically their skin changes (dry skin that gets washed, moisturized and exfoliated) every 24 days. Where a person with P's skin changes every 7 days-this is why you see scaley skin cells. What causes P, well there are many things that can cause it. It is an autoimmune disease, and sometimes started by strep throat or stress or sometimes just because. It is also known as a heretiary disease-not contagious though. It looks red and inflammed because your body is working harder and when it is at its worst...but do not take ibuprofen as you would for any other inflammation as it only makes it worse. You can not give it to a friend or a lover. I have my own theory on what causes it and I am getting tested to see if my version of p is caused by this.

I know alot about P because I have had it since I am 14 years old and not 35.
I hope this gives you a better understanding of what p is.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
(female)

maris12 HB User

My Daughter Has It It Usually Is On The Scalp Or Body. Not On The Toes

Old 10-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

tlhalabama HB User

I have had Psoriasis for about 20 years. Mine started out on my elbows and knees. It cleared up after 2 years.

It came back on my shin, the top of my foot, elbows, behind my ears, and my shoulder.

So far, the pattern of mine is it just starts where it wants to.

My derm has prescribed a once a day ointment that is very expensive but is working great.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #8
(female)

cutie1313 HB User

Well, although it isn't on the toes for you or your loved ones...P shows up anywhere. Your fingers...even in your belly button. I am not saying that if your feet are burning and scaley that it is P, but you can't rule it out either.

I get it in my armpits and places your didn't realize you can get it..Oh, in my nose-scarey eh?

Closed Thread