It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
(male)

Titanic Explore HB User
Psoriasis on inner ridge of nose- near eyes-Is it to close to eyes to apply ointment?

I have psoriasis- one area being on the ridge of my nose (both sides of my face) extending from my cheeks, up to under my eye brows- half the time people think I'm sunburned, and I lie and say I am, as explaining my facial psoriasis can be embarassing. ....Here is the problem- I have tried to apply some psoriasis ointment to these areas- and it's helped-but I think some would get always into my eyes- and I'm paying for it now, as severe bouts of dry eye and eye irritation have started happening in recent years- I think because of the psoriasis medicine.....

For anyone who has psoriasis close to their eyes- what medicines and ointments do you use, and how to you make sure it never gets into your eyes? If i didn't apply anything to the psoriasis on my face...it wouldn't be a pretty sight...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
(male)

Dannole HB User
Re: Psoriasis on inner ridge of nose- near eyes-Is it to close to eyes to apply ointm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic Explore View Post
I have psoriasis- one area being on the ridge of my nose (both sides of my face) extending from my cheeks, up to under my eye brows- half the time people think I'm sunburned, and I lie and say I am, as explaining my facial psoriasis can be embarassing. ....Here is the problem- I have tried to apply some psoriasis ointment to these areas- and it's helped-but I think some would get always into my eyes- and I'm paying for it now, as severe bouts of dry eye and eye irritation have started happening in recent years- I think because of the psoriasis medicine.....

For anyone who has psoriasis close to their eyes- what medicines and ointments do you use, and how to you make sure it never gets into your eyes? If i didn't apply anything to the psoriasis on my face...it wouldn't be a pretty sight...

HI,

I want to comment about your condition. First of all, I believe it might be seborrheic dermatitis instead of Psoriasis. Either way tho, I have the same problem and I have had it for years. But for me I have found a solutiuon to my problem and I could not be happier. I use either Head and shoulder Shampoo or Selsun Blue every day . And when I am in the shower, I wash my face with it. Sounds harsh but it works. But that alone did not work entirely for me. After washing my face at night with a mild face wash, I apply Jojoba oil (buy it at a health store). Leave it on all night. I have not had an outbreak of this since September and my condition had been getting worse every day to where my face was almost always red. You cannot beleive the relief I feel now not having this anymore. It is amazing!

Good luck !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

melanie in mary HB User
Re: Psoriasis on inner ridge of nose- near eyes-Is it to close to eyes to apply ointm

does the selsun blue/ head and shoulders help? I have psorisis of the scalp!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:52 AM   #4
(male)

Dannole HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie in mary View Post
does the selsun blue/ head and shoulders help? I have psorisis of the scalp!

It sure does help me for seborrheic dermatitis which is what causes dandriff. I had tried the tar based in it is terrible. The dermatitis is the same on your scalp it is jsut called dandriff.

Closed Thread