It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Psoriasis driving me crazy!

I have psoriasis on my face bridge of nose eyebrows & creases of nose. It's the worse it's ever been itching flaking, looks terrible. I have been to the dermatologist they gave me samples of different creams & none work, one makes it worse. Has anyone found anything that helps w/this? I've tried natural things too & can't get help.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
(female)

Jinters HB User
Re: Psoriasis driving me crazy!

Believe me i know excactly how you are feeling, a couple of years ago i broke out with psoriasis all over my legs and arms and have been going to the hospital for treatment, they have tried me with allsorts of creams and ointments some of them have been streroid creams, have also had UVB twicw within a year and its just as bad as ever so although i don't have an answer for you, your not alone, it's a horrible thing to suffer from. If anyone has any advice PLEEZE get in touch.xx

Last edited by Jinters; 02-16-2008 at 02:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
(female)

BadKitty88 HB User

I have had psoriasis for over 20 years. I am on Humira for it, and that has helped somewhat, although it never cleared it completely, and the shots burn like the devil and are VERY expensive. I was discussing this with an aquaintance the other day, and he told me that he used to have psoriasis just on his hands, and remembered readiing an article about Turmeric, which is basically a spice popular in Indian food. Anyway, it has anti-oxidant properties too. He said he started taking it for the anti-oxidant properties, and then realized that the psoriasis he had on his hands had gone away completely. I thought it was worth a shot, and went and got some at a health food store. I've been taking it for about 3 weeks now, and amazingly, my elbows are almost completely cleared up, my knees are also looking better, and my scalp too! It isn't expensive, in fact, I just found it at Wal-Mart yesterday even cheaper than the health food store, although for results, I would really spare no expense. From what I have read on this on the internet, 1000mg a day is the target. Please let me know if you try this and it helps!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User

Thanks alot I'll try it. I had read that JoJoba oil (expensive) was good & bought some but now I find if I put it on my face & bridge of nose, eyebrows it winds up getting in my eyes which is not good. I'll let you know.

Closed Thread