It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
(female)

Triple777 HB User
Psoriasis

I have had psoriasis for 28 years. It was mostly a light case only showing up on my elbows and knees, but as I got older, it got a little worse. I always went to the dermatologist and got steriod injections under the skin which would get rid of it for a couple months, but it would always return, and the steroids damaged my skin.

I recently came across a homeopathic medicine and decided to try it. It's called Calcarea Carbonia and I took it three times a day. Within a week there was a notable difference and after about a month 75% of the psoriasis had disappeared and where I still had it, it was very thin. I stopped taking it and I continued to see improvement for two months. I had never heard of this before and wanted to share it because I am amazed at the results. It only cost $6.99 a month and I bought it at my neighborhood healthfood store.

Has anyone else tried homeopathic medicines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

lifetime63 HB User
Re: Psoriasis

I have not tried anything other than what the dermatologist has prescribed. I had shots in my elbows several years ago and now they ache in the Winter. Won't do that again.
I am going to try this Calcarea Carbonia and am excited for good results. I'm 45 and have had psoriasis since my teen years. My mother has it and I was the only child of 6 to have it. I've seen people who have hit horribly bad and am thankful that it's limited to my knees, elbows, scalp and ears. I currently use an ointment (Taclonex) and it helps keep it under control. The scalp is a little harder to deal with.
Thanks for posting this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
(female)

Triple777 HB User

Lifetime, have you had a chance to try it yet? I had a light case of it also. Let me know how you're doing!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
(male)

sdown63 HB User

I have had psoriasis since I had by-pass surgery,two small patches appeared on either side of the inciscion within weeks from there it spread to my back legs,arms,big toes.One winter I had arthritic psoriasis afecting both hip joints and both shoulder joints.Skin Zinc is a fraud.I will try Carberea if I can find it and any other suggestion you may have
Is it always that itchy somtimes I think I have mange(I am a vet).
It is a immune disorder there fore cortisone helps temporarily but may screw up other systems.Please respond to this missive.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
(female)

Triple777 HB User

You can find Calcarea Carnonica online or at health food stores, specifically Whole Foods Market. A month's supply is only around $6. I agree, Skin Zinc is just a scam, and steroids damage your skin and only provide temporary relief. The Calcarea has had a dramatic affect on thinning the psoriasis, and getting rid of large spots of it. It's a slower process, but it's quite effective for me. You can also try Engystol by Heel which is for skin disorders, it had the same affect but was more expensive at about $20 per month.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User

Thanks for the great info! I will be buying some tomorrow! I suffered from psoriasis fromn the time I got pregnant when I was 20 and had it for 15 years, until the dermatologist injected mine with something and I started tanning. I quit getting injections, but kept tanning and have been psoriasis free for about 9 years now... until I quit tanning! I quit tanning about 6 months ago, and now I am having a severe attack... all over my legs. I don't have medical insurance now, so I will keep you updated, maybe in a week or so , to tell you how it works for me. Once again, thanks so much!

Closed Thread