It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
(male)

CaptainLuke HB User
Possibly psoriasis?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would be so very thankful...

For almost the last year, I've had these red spots in the fold of my left elbow and upper arm with only one or two spots elsewhere, like on my right forearm and a couple on my chest. It is definitely most severe on the left arm, though. I haven't noticed it anywhere else on my body, they don't itch or burn, nor do they flake and they actually come and go in severity, though I couldn't tell you any sort of correlation between when they show up. It's recently flared up again to the point that my parents are becoming very worried and, though it hasn't exactly bothered me (aside to being just unpleasant to look at) I'm considering seeing a dermatologist. Before I make an appointment, thought, I wanted to get a second or perhaps third opinion about it. It would be nice if somebody could tell me whether or not I should worry, too.

If somebody could get back to me in a timely manner, that'd be awesome. My mother is about to lose her freaking mind.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-11-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
(female)

summerblue HB User
Re: Possibly psoriasis?

Google Psoriasis, then click Images for pictures.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
(male)

CaptainLuke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue View Post
Google Psoriasis, then click Images for pictures.
Yeah, I already did that... Seeing as there are at least 6 different types of psoriasis, and I don't really know anybody with the affliction, nor do I have any sort of background in dermatology, I figured it would be reasonable to ask publicly on a message board dealing with things of the health persuasion. Rest assured, though, Google was the first resource I checked, as well as Wikipedia.

Anybody got any clues?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 AM   #4
(female)

summerblue HB User

I have Psoriasis, but without seeing a picture, I cannot tell you what you have. If when you googled the images and none seem to look like what you have, then go to a doctor. I only tried to help you suggesting the images.

Closed Thread