It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

tomkinsone HB User
Psoriasis Flare ups

Over the years I have had small areas of psoriasis in various areas, sometimes on my eye lids, the hairline of my scalp/neck area and in the upper crevasses of my ears. But I have come to realize over the past couple of months that I may have it in my nostrils. I thought the sores on the inside of my nostrils was caused by the cold temperatures and the dry air in the house over Winter, but it hasn't gotten better with humid and warmer temperatures of Spring. It is like I have thick pieces of skin that come loose when I blow my nose, then it bleeds and it burns. The skin builds up and the process repeats. They don't look like scabs from the bleeding either and they aren't boogies. The inside of my nose is constantly sore.

Is it possible to get Psoriasis in your nostrils? Has anyone else had this happen? What have you done to make it tolerable or help the burning inside the nose?

Also this week, I have had a flare up on the outer part of my ears. They have been itching and burning. This started on Tuesday and today it seems that it feels bumpy and scaley. I have started putting hydrocortisone cream on it, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is the best course of action for managing the itch and burn of this skin disease?

Old 05-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
(male)

ciellis HB User
Re: Psoriasis Flare ups

Hi

i have added you to friends contacts if you wish to contact me.

I would suggest you see a determalogist to discuss possible treatment for the inside of your nose.

I would definitely consider it possible to develop psoriasis on the inside of your nose and the symptoms you describe seem to fit with psoriasis.

I also have it behind my ears in my hairline and also a little behind the ear lobe.

i find that T Gel hair shampoo is pretty good at keeping it under control in your hair providing you are using it frequently.

I have a patch also on the left hand side of my lower left leg that i just cant seem to get rid of . Ive used two different forms of creams but none actually get rid of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ciellis For This Useful Post:
tomkinsone (11-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread