It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

psoriasis HB User
Smile Psoriasis & Chinese Medicine

Hi and thanks for visiting my post! I have had Psoriasis for 30 years and been treated with just about every conventional method known. The treatments I have tried include; Dovonex, Dovobet, Betnovate, Dithronol, Polytar, Coaltar, Sunbed, PUVA etc, etc. All of which work and clear the Psoriasis but non keep it away for long or my body seems to build up a resistance to the treatment and it stops working. So I've decided to try Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture, but having researched the web for authorative information and sound guidance, all I find is conflicting reports, and many online shops trying to sell you the cure! I live near London in the UK and there are many Chinese Medicine shops in China Town. I used a shop 5 years ago for some advise and was given some herbs in a packet called Fufang Qingdaiwan which look like small black gravel. These seemed to help so I returned 2 weeks ago for a full consultation.

Here's a little about me, Male age 38, slightly over weight, high blood pressure and very high cholesterol (it's worth mentioning here I am being treated for the cholesterol with Statins). I found that with weight loss and low alcohol intake the Psoriasis is better so I am also controlling this as well. I am a company Director so stress levels are usually high.

Here's a list of my prescribed course of TCM following the consultation,

1. At least 10 sessions of Acupuncture
2. A course of Pifubing Xuedu Wan (20 tablets per day to detox the blood)
3. 2 packets of Fufang Qingdaiwan per day (bags of black gravel like herbs)
4. Cream named Niu Pi Xuan Gao day and night use.
5. Some bags of herbs to boil at home and leave to cool then wash with.
6. I'm also taking a multi vitamin which I DECIDED TO DO MYSELF.

I have had 2 Acupuncture treatments to date and been taking the gravel herb and cream for one week. There is slight improvement but I expect this as my Psoriasis responds to something new very well.

edited

Fingers crossed!!

Matt

Last edited by Administrator; 04-11-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
(male)

dinsmann HB User
Re: Psoriasis & Chinese Medicine

Dear Matt,
Thanks for info. I want to try other alternatives. My current psoriasis flare is becoming unbearable. It used to be little patches here and there when I was busy working for more than 30 years, but now when I am retired, it covers more than 10% of my body. Perhaps I have too much time to think of my stresses.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
(male)

Smsmitty1 HB User

I have heard of some conection to to psorisis and yeast. Has anyone heard this and tried limiting yeast and yeast products? I hope there is nothing to it as I like beer and bread, and I would be more likly to give up bread.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
(male)

australianboy HB User

Chinese medicine is nonsense.
I was in a clinic in china and the "Professor" was a joke.
They do everything for money, like they sold me a 32GB disk on key of Sony that was a fake and has maybe 0.5GB and the rest of a software manipulation.
And about the other question, there is very weak connection between what you eat and your psoriasis. The cause for psoriasis is lack of sun rays. This reduces the Vitamin D in the body and causes psoriasis. Getting sun or artificial UVB light cures the Psoriasis or reduces it.

Closed Thread