It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
(male)

Dr J P Tripathi HB User
treatment of psoriasis

Is there is any treatment for psoriasis is it curable can you tell me and treatment for it which will remove it permanentaly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
(male)

newbie2010 HB User
Re: treatment of psoriasis

i have psoriasis myself and have had it all of my life, the sun got rid of it a few years ago but now i have a job and its quite stressfull plus the enviroment i work in (mechanic) its come back and im currently on a cream which isnt really helping, there are certian creams which you can use but i dont think there is a cure becuase im my experience it has come back, id love to know if ther is a cure as its currently on my face and its upsetting abit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
(female)

deepdrifter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr J P Tripathi View Post
Is there is any treatment for psoriasis is it curable can you tell me and treatment for it which will remove it permanentaly
There is no cure for psoriasis and I have had it for as long as I can remember. My grandmother suffered from it too, and my late father developed it after a severe bout of stress. For years, the only thing the doctor would prescribe were steroid creams which were a complete waste of time and harmful to my skin. It became much thinner because of the creams and would bruise at the slightest bump.
Several years ago a concerned friend researched it thoroughly on the internet and other venues. He suggested that I take some vitamins which he found to be helpful to psoriasis. After two years of taking them, my skin is clear and haven't had any flare-ups. I don't want to stop taking them because I know that the psoriasis will return if I do. Neutrogena T/Gel shampoo was also a tremendous help to my scalp and I don't have any symptoms there at all either. Hope this helps!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

princesscol HB User

What vitamins did you take?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
(female)

deepdrifter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscol View Post
What vitamins did you take?
Shark cartilade, selenium, vitamin A&D, kelp, vitamin C with bioflavonoids, milk thistle, primrose oil, flaxseed oil, beta carotene, vitamin B-12 and vitamin E.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #6
(male)

skw1084 HB User

I would like to know the amount you took of these. I am on some vits also. But not all that you are taking.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
(female)

deepdrifter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw1084 View Post
I would like to know the amount you took of these. I am on some vits also. But not all that you are taking.
I am taking the prescribed dosages as quoted on the bottles.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
(female)

NaturalBlondie HB User

I have also had psoriasis for about 15 years and am trying to treat my skin without harmful steroids. I have tried kelp and am taking B-12 and Vitamin E. You say it took two years on these other vitamins for your skin to clear completely? I stopped taking the kelp after a few months because I didn't see any difference.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
(female)

deepdrifter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBlondie View Post
I have also had psoriasis for about 15 years and am trying to treat my skin without harmful steroids. I have tried kelp and am taking B-12 and Vitamin E. You say it took two years on these other vitamins for your skin to clear completely? I stopped taking the kelp after a few months because I didn't see any difference.
Yes, it took two years for the psoriasis to clear completely, but the result came on gradually...so much so that I hardly noticed/knew when my skin had started to become clearer. I too was tempted to give up taking the vitamins after a few months because I thought they weren't helping, but friends encouraged me to keep taking them and I am glad that I did. I am still taking them on a daily basis though because the psoriasis will return if I stop completely. (I know this because I stopped taking them for a while and the psoriasis started to appear again)

The Following User Says Thank You to deepdrifter For This Useful Post:
NaturalBlondie (11-02-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #10
(male)

davee76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdrifter View Post
Shark cartilade, selenium, vitamin A&D, kelp, vitamin C with bioflavonoids, milk thistle, primrose oil, flaxseed oil, beta carotene, vitamin B-12 and vitamin E.
Thanks for the info! I'll be trying these myself to see if I have the same success you did.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
(female)

deepdrifter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee76 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll be trying these myself to see if I have the same success you did.
It takes a while before you will notice the difference, but it is well worth the end result.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #12
(female)

Mrs Beschier HB User

I use "butt aid" diaper rash cream for my scalp psoriasis, it has only been 2 days but all of my flakes are gone. You get butt aid from the dollar tree.

it's super difficult to remove from hair though, since it's so greasy, it took me 3 showers with lots of dish soap and conditioner since shampoo did nothing to get it out.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #13
(male)

chboards HB User

I've found that the key is being active- if I maintain a healthy diet (greens/low fat) and keep running (I sweat it out every day for at least 30 min), my psoriasis kind of hibernates. If I deviate even in the slightest, it comes back with a vengance.

I have learned that you placate the psoriasis with calmness, exercise, good food and if you need to...some acupuncture/massage.

This doesn't go away (I'm a 3 hr marathoner now- seriously, it HELPS but it doesnt cure).

Curious to keep reading what everyone has to say!

Closed Thread