It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User
A psoriasis cure story

I know something about psoriasis .
Someone i use to know had psoriasis during 5 years .
Long time ago .
After five years it was over. And i know why.
He was the son of a farmer in my country side. I often spent my summer holiday in this place.
This men he never took shower. Just once a week or once every two weeks. Not more.
Our body need one shower a day. No options.

This men didnít take enough shower,
Then because of that, his body, his skin was itchy.
Then during this five years he was scratching and scratching its skin, non stop.
Then he had several problems because of that psoriasis and others.

He was also kind of depressed at that time, Because he was too ambitious.
He wanted absolutely to become a plane pilot.
And he couldnít. He was depressed because of that. He was a bit too ambitious .

Then he began to work in an very large industry plant. He enjoyed it after a few years, even
became a technician.
He enjoyed this new job in a high tech environment. All this robots and this assembly line, a
good salary, he had to travel for his job. He had projects with responsibilities.
Then his depression was over.
He took a shower a day.

And this psoriasis was cured, disappeared. It was over.
I m quite sure itís because he started to take a shower a day. And he didnít scratch his skin any
more.
And also because he was not anxious any more. His daily live was far better.
Thatís this person psoriasis story.
Other people with psoriasis are different. I just wanted to tell a true psoriasis story.

I hope it can help people. what's your opinion ?

Last edited by leopard777; 03-18-2010 at 08:56 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to leopard777 For This Useful Post:
aylina (05-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
(male)

Robocop2815 HB User
Re: A psoriasis cure story

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard777 View Post
I hope it can help people. what's your opinion ?
I'm sure you're just trying to help but what you just said above is a complete load of BS mate....."A shower a day keeps the psoriasis away", no it only keeps your friends away. There are various different forms of psoriasis, not all affecting the skin, and I'm sorry but you could live in the shower it would make no difference.

Some people are almost crippled with severe cases of psoriasis and you would do well to respect them before coming on spouting that crap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Robocop2815 For This Useful Post:
Smsmitty1 (03-22-2011)
Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
(female)

dldaunaturel HB User
Re: A psoriasis cure story

I have been looking at a lot of health boards on skin problems/psoriasis/eczema... and a lot of remedies are external or a quick fixes and very few internal solutions are provided. I have experience thankfully only mild psoriasis over the years but for over two years now I'm having peeling/cracking skins on my fingertips. I was bad enough that I had to wear gloves to cut vegetables... because it hurt too much.
I too tried the suggested fixes better skin cream, petroleum products over night with gloves... I really thought in was diet related (food intolerance/allergies) but I finally found it was vitamins deficiency. I know a friend who had severe eczema and was told to take vit. D. I can't pinpoint my deficiency but I simply started to take a multi vitamins regularly and my skins has come back to normal! It takes a little while to come back but remember folks that whatever conditions it didn't manifest over night and will not be cured overnight either.
Hope this helps someone else

PS I agree that showering should be more than a day a week(s) but a shower everyday is not necessary. Although dependant on your daily activities I believe we are over showering and removing the natural oils protecting us.

Last edited by dldaunaturel; 04-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #4
(male)

Re: psoriasis cure

I said he changed three thinks not only one,
1-----He took a shower a day.
2-----He stopped scratching his skin.
3-----He stopped worrying for his future, because he did a job that he liked.
Then because he did job a job in a high tech car plant, he liked this high tech car plant, then he
was not depressed any more.
His psoriasis disappeared because of three things not just the shower.

dldaunaturel, thanks for your reply. Your explanations are clear.
Apparently The food is a solution for you.
You know the vitamins, the real one, are in the fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.
If you try two vegetables and one fruit each meal, that will solve it.

i have heard this story. We must keep the oil on our skin.
I have traveled once in Tibet and they also told me that.
They don't shower a lot. They think we must keep the oil on our skin.
But their skin looks very rough in fact. This people looks older as they are.

But really after one day, if we don’t shower, the dirt on our skin became hour after hour more
acid. A low acid. But an acid, And it will itch.
And if it itches, and if you scratch. Then you destroy your skin.
If you scratch you destroy the protection. Your skin doesn’t protect you any more.
The germ can attack your flesh.
That’s a big issue if someone do that during years or moths.
It’s a big issue if someone shower only once or twice a week.
Really we must shower every day, and we must change our underwear’s every day. And put
clean one from the wash machine.

Last edited by leopard777; 04-15-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
(male)

Orc HB User

Being a person with psoriasis, I find this a bit insulting, not only is the post delivered in a way as if you're trying to sell some kind of religion, but it's overly thoughtless in the assumption that, if you have psoriasis you must not shower enough and just spend all your time worrying.

Having had it in various places all my life, I can easily say that showering and landing a successful job isn't the cure for it...and to even suggest it is ludicrous and offensive.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Orc
froggygirl25 (05-16-2011), mandybee333 (11-14-2010), Smsmitty1 (03-22-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Orc For This Useful Post:
Smsmitty1 (03-22-2011)
Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 AM   #6
(male)

Again, i didn't say that.
i answered dldaunaturel. She said she didn't think shower every day was that important.
"""PS I agree that showering should be more than a day a week(s) but a shower everyday is not
necessary. Although dependant on your daily activities I believe we are over showering and
removing the natural oils protecting us""".
And i told her with lot of explaination that's it's important to shower every day once.
I didn't talk to the entire psoriasis community. I only answered dldaunaturel.

that was the case of a son of a farmer i used to know. He didn't shower, and he scratched his
skin very often.
I have no idea for the psoriasis community. Sure they are not in this case.

I have read a lot about psoriasis.
stress anxiety can be the reason. Or worsen it.
Doing a job you don't like.
worrying for a divorce with complications.
Having too many children, you can't manage it.
Having a too important mortgage and so on.
All kind of situation that causes stress.
Must find a solution to stop this stress this anxiety.
After the psoriasis will ease.

I had psoriasis during three years. locally on the legs. I was anxious at that time.

Their is several reasons. Shower for some. Scratching the skin too often for others,
anxiety for others. And others reasons for others.
I think it's better to speak about it. To find out the reasons. Even if it's not always glorious.

Last edited by leopard777; 04-15-2010 at 04:47 AM.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
(female)

dldaunaturel HB User

One always have to be careful with statement like <traveled once in Tibet and they also told me that. They don't shower a lot. They think we must keep the oil on our skin.
But their skin looks very rough in fact. This people looks older as they are. >

Do you really think that Tibet people's skin looking older only due to lack of cleanliness.

< edited >

I suspect that wind, temperature and dry atmosphere have some to do as well with their skin condition!!!

<You know the vitamins, the real one, are in the fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.
If you try two vegetables and one fruit each meal, that will solve it.>

When I mentioned diet, it is to food intolerance I was referring to not quality of my diet. Since I'm already wheat intolerant I suspected I may be to something else as well.
My diet is good, eat plenty of fruits and veggies but they are not longer the sole source of vitamins. You need some supplements...something my nutritionist had told me...and not act on the advice as quickly as I should of!

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-19-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease as I understand it! There is no known 'cure' for it at the moment- various medications can help some people go into remission- or they may just go into remission anyway without help. It may or may not come back again though.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
(male)

Thank you for your reply. Itís good we discuss about the topic.
For the Tibet, i live in Asia not so far from Tibet, then i know about the weather their.
i was Their two times. I donít need to check via internet.

And you go in China, their is many Tibetans people that donít live in Tibet. They live in Sichuan
province, Gansu province or in Yunnan Province. Lot of Tibetans live abroad from their own
province. At an altitude of one thousand meter high. They have the same habit as in their own
country. They never shower.
At 40 years old their skin is rough.

Then letís make it with another place.
I come from a country side at the border of France, Switzerland and Germany. A rural place.
The people their also donít shower a lot. A lot tell you than once a week is enough.
There skin is so rough. Because of lake of hygienic.
You donít want to touch the face of a 35 years old women their.
Really for me , the human body need a shower a day. I do so.
If you donít do so, after two days, your skin get itchy. You want to scratch it.
And you damage your skin.
I donít say thatís the reason of psoriasis. But itís a good way of helping to protect your skin. The
soap.
Every body has his own opinion. I respect the opinion of others.
The place i come from, There is no nutritionists, The people are in good shape except the skin.
They just eat real food. Nobody eat vitamins pills.
In a lot of places in the world they live long time. Eating what the nature provide.
A nutritionist if he want to make a good living, if he wants to pay itís SUV, he must sell a lot of
pills.
I know that the doctors that make eyes operations like Lasik, donít make Lasik to their own eyes.
I think that the doctors that sell nutrition pills, donít eat nutrition pills.
The nature provide everything since centuries. Fresh fruits, fresh veggies is more than largely
enough. Plus sport four times a week.
But we continue to discuss. Thatís good. Every body give itís own opinion. We both improve.
Nice to talk with you.

Closed Thread