It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2001, 08:54 PM   #1

SK in CAN HB User
psoriasis

My brother has had psoriasis since he was a small child. Here is his story. I hope it may help someone.

SK

Psoriasis Can be Cured!

I've had psoriasis for 20 years. I used to have it all over my body and it was especially bad in the winter. I tried everything from experimental drugs to topical steroid medication to ultraviolet treatments to tar baths to acupuncture. Nothing seemed to help except maybe a suntan in the summer seemed to help for a while.

Now my skin is perfectly clear. It has been this way for 10 years now. I have no sign of psoriasis and no sign of it coming back. I don't even have to get a suntan to make it go away for a while. It has been cured! And I want to help anyone else who has this terrible skin disease!

Follow these directions closely. You may have to wait for a few months, maybe up to ½ year, but remember, this is a long term cure.

1. Flax Seed Oil. You can buy this at any health food store. Use it to make salad dressings (1/2 vinegar, pepper, salt, a little sugar) and/or just take a table spoonful (I wash it down with orange juice) every morning. Fresh flax oil tastes great and it's loaded with natural vitamin E and essential fatty acids (note the word essential!). You can research the nutritive aspects of flax oil as I have done, but take it from me, it's a wonder food. Keep it cool, sealed, and out of the light (just like milk). You can't heat flax oil so never use it in cooking.

2. Eliminate Processed Oils. Never eat anything that contains hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated oils, ever! That includes margarine, shortening, potato chips, many snacks, and most cooking oils. For cooking, use butter or olive oil but never hydrogenated or even worse partially hydrogenated oils. Check the ingredients of anything that contains hydrogenated vegetable oils and avoid them.

3. Strive for a Healthy Diet. This is just common sense. There is basically no restriction on your diet, just eat as healthy as you can but see steps 1 and 2 above.

4. Clothing and Wash Considerations. Use cotton cloths Vs synthetics so as not to aggravate your skin. Also, only use soap and shampoos on your hair, face, groin, underarms, hands and feet. Too much soap dries out your skin and makes it too alkaline. Avoid harsh soaps or chemicals (bleach) in the wash.

That's it. It's that simple. I'm living proof that psoriasis is a curable disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2002, 09:40 AM   #2

Sunflowers HB User
Re: psoriasis

That's excellent! I've had psoriasis since I was 23 or so. and have read up on everything that I could get my hands on! I don't have it very bad at all though. Common area's are on the back of scalp, elbows, was on my knees once but disappeared, and I think I've just started getting it on my face. I'm don't like using the steroid creams the dr's have been giving me and am always searching for a soultion... I will try this.
thanks,
Sunflowers

------------------

Old 01-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #3

SK in CAN HB User

keep me posted on how things are working out with this.

SK

Old 01-12-2002, 09:02 AM   #4

Dr. J. Michael Curry HB User

My son had psoriasis from the time he was 12 (he is now 29). He had tried all of the doctor and some natural remedies that were recommended. His psoriasis was so bad (how bad was it?!) that it was an embarrassment for him to go out in public.

Last year we discovered a product made by the Mannatech Company (I do not work for or represent this company) called Ambrotose. It is supposed to help with the immune system.

Within three weeks of taking the Ambrotose in the "bulk" form (one quarter teaspoon a day) the psoriasis in his scalp was completely gone and there was absolutely no scarring in his scalp.

Within 4 to five weeks all of the ugly "oozing" sores that covered his body were dried up and a white-ish powdery scale covered the sores. Within a month and a half, he had absolutely no sign of psoriasis.

The product sells for something like 58 dollars for a jar of the powder, but it lasts up to 3 months. As long as he was on the Ambrotose the psoriasis was gone. He has been off of it for about 7 months now, the psoriasis has come back, but is no where near what it was before Ambrotose. The only reason he came off the product was due to its cost (seminary student - no income).

I believe that, if he had stayed on the Ambrotose for at least six months to a year, his psoriasis would either have been completely gone...or nearly completely gone. Because of this I have told him that I will pay for the stuff if he will continue to use it.

I can not say anything about other claims that Mannatech makes, but I do know that it works for psoriasis.

Dr. J. Michael Curry

Closed Thread