It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2001, 09:45 PM   #1

cowboy51 HB User
Psoriasis

I have had psoriasis for about 30 years. It started on my scalp, which over the years has been brought under control with a coal tar shampoo. I used to use Zetar, but as the cost went up, switched to a coal tar medicated dog shampoo, which works well as long as I shampoo daily. My question is about the other large areas I have on my back, buttocks, backs of legs, knees, elbows, and abdomen. I use a cortisone cream, but it's expensive, along with a moisturizing hand cream. I recently tried a creosote dip (also intended for animals) which is coal tar. I diluted a little in water and applied it to the patches. It helps a lot with the scaling, although still have the redness, but not as itchy. But then I read that creosote and coal tar are carcinogenic, so it may not be too good of an idea. Does anyone know of a coal tar cream intended for this use?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2001, 10:19 PM   #2

cowboy51 HB User
Re: Psoriasis

Also, has anyone ever tried green tea for psoriasis? Or any other "cheap" treatments?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2001, 10:33 AM   #3

Leslee HB User

Hi-
I am 20 and have had psorasis since I was 8- Recently I got a throat infection and it broke out worse then it has in years! I have started the PUVA treatment and the only problem with that is the pills I have to take make me sick for the entire day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 06-28-2001, 03:33 AM   #4
Unregistered

Get the book called "Healing Psoriasis The Natural Alternative" By Dr. John Pagano. I have eczema and the diet in the book helped my skin tremendously even the itch.

Get the book it is worth it.

Old 07-08-2001, 11:21 AM   #5

Taxi HB User

I have had eczema for several years. It is closely related to psoriasis. Both are affected by your diet and your digestive track. I have been heavily researching eczema and psoriasis on the web for a year and a half now. There is so much information and perhaps also (mis)information out there concerning treatments and so called "cures". For me, cortisones were nothing more than temporary fixes. The minute I stopped, the symptoms came back. This indicated that there was something wrong with my lifestyle (I never had eczema until two years after landing a perfect dream job making lots of money. In turn, my eating habits went to all the rich, fat, over-carb'd foods I could get my hands on. I was eating out every night at nice restaurants and jumped 45 pounds in 11 months). By heavily watching what I eat and reducing refined breads, sweets and dairy - I've noticed considerable less itchy and noticable eczema. You may want to spend some time researching psoriasis, eczema, and your diet. I used google, but any search engine will probably work decently.
Currently, I am researching soil based organisms and the effects they have on the digestive system and candida yeast overgrowth. It is so interesting to learn about what happens in our digestive track when we stuff food in our bodies.
Good luck! Keep us posted.<p>[This message has been edited by Taxi (edited 07-08-2001).]

Old 07-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #6
Inactive

Karla HB User

My husband uses Betamethasone Valerate 0.1% Lotion in 60ml bottle on scalp once a day. This helps him greatly. It does require a drs. prescription.

Closed Thread