It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2000, 03:11 PM   #1

JER HB User
scalp psoriasis and elsewhere......

Can anyone help me with my scalp psoriasis? It's not extremely bad but bad enough to drive a person crazy! I've tried all the shampoos and even the scalp lotions from my dermatologist which work once in a great while but not all the time. Also, this is very embarassing but I'm going to mention it, I've noticed the same dry red patches in my bikini hairline that itch terribly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any other females out there that get psoriasis in their bikini hairline? If so, please let me know how you deal with it. Thanks!! I really hope someday there is a cure for this aweful skin disease!!!!

Old 01-02-2001, 10:25 PM   #2

Scarlettlady HB User
Re: scalp psoriasis and elsewhere......

Hi! I wanted you to know that you are not alone-I have the same bikini-area problem! I've had psoriasis since I was a little girl, but was too embarrassed to say anything until a few years ago-I couldnt take the torture anymore! I have tried a few different ointments from my docor (family and dermatlologist), and the generic brand Clobetasol Propionate Cream, usb 0.05% has worked the best. BUT, since it is a steriod, I have to use it only once in awhile, since that thins your skin. In that area of my body, I'd rather not have that! So, most of the time, I use Vasaline-the antibacterial kind. It helps keep my skin moisturized and helps with the cracked, sometimes raw and even bleeding skin to feel much better. It's hard to find-I live in the midwest and find it at Drug Emporium. Hope this helps-trust me, I understand and feel for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2001, 08:46 AM   #3

redfox HB User

Try dabbing a little tea tree oil on problem areas. It works wonders on some people. You can get it at any health foods store.

Old 04-12-2002, 09:55 PM   #4

sonman HB User

Now I am not a female but you might want to try Nioxin, it is a shampoo and conditioner. You can only get this from a Hair Stylist. My hair stylist carries it and she suggested it to me. I get the dry flakes and massive itching on the scalp all the time so she told me about Nioxin. Believe it or not, Nioxin is used for slowing down baldness. Now since I have been using Nioxin for about a year and a half, the itching and dry scalp hasnt come back.<p>[This message has been edited by sonman (edited 04-12-2002).]

Closed Thread