It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

henherder HB User
Arrow Who gets psoriatic arthritis?

About 1 in 10 people with develop psoriatic arthritis. (About 2 in 100 people develop psoriasis at some stage in their life.

Psoriasis most commonly first occurs between the ages of 15 and 25, and psoriatic arthritis most commonly develops between the ages of 25 and 50. However, both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis can occur at any age, including in childhood.

In most cases, the arthritis develops after the psoriasis - most commonly within 10 years after the psoriasis first develops. However, in some cases the arthritis develops much later. In a small number of cases the arthritis develops first, sometimes months or even years before the psoriasis develops. Men and women are equally affected.

Psoriatic arthritis is different, and is a particular type of arthritis that occurs only in some people with psoriasis.

Note: people with psoriasis also have the same chance as everyone else of developing other types of arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Who gets psoriatic arthritis?

The neuro DR. I was going to mention she though I had it but I kind of blew it off. Does it show up in mri's and lab work came back neg. for RA. sed rate was not high.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
(female)

henherder HB User
Re: Who gets psoriatic arthritis?

I learnt about this through my son. He had psoriasis as a child and then seemed to grow
out of it. It was at the end of his university years that he started having problems with his joints in his feet usually when he was planning to travel that I started researching psoriasis and came across information about psoriatic arthritis and sent the information to him.

It was quite depressing news!

Closed Thread