It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

Todd74 HB User
Palmo Plantar Psoriasis

Hi does anyone have this type of psoriasis?
I suffered from it since I was about 17 and back then was crippled by the pain from it and had to walk permanently on tiptoes as the only small area not affected was the ball in front of the big toe.
I was referred to numerous dermatologists and although several treatments were tried nothing really helped. The best way to manage it was to put my hands and feet in plastic bags with coal tar cream in to keep the cracks moist so they were not as painful.
For many years I have only had the occasional flare up but only very minor however recently it has come back with a vengeance and it is slowly spreading over a wider area of my hands and feet.
I am back to the same messy treatments to keep the cracked areas moist but wondered if anyone else had other methods of treatment that irk well.
Thanks in advance :-)

The following user gives a hug of support to Todd74:
cbmorgan (08-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

cbmorgan HB User
Re: Palmo Plantar Psoriasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd74 View Post
Hi does anyone have this type of psoriasis?
I suffered from it since I was about 17 and back then was crippled by the pain from it and had to walk permanently on tiptoes as the only small area not affected was the ball in front of the big toe.
I was referred to numerous dermatologists and although several treatments were tried nothing really helped. The best way to manage it was to put my hands and feet in plastic bags with coal tar cream in to keep the cracks moist so they were not as painful.
For many years I have only had the occasional flare up but only very minor however recently it has come back with a vengeance and it is slowly spreading over a wider area of my hands and feet.
I am back to the same messy treatments to keep the cracked areas moist but wondered if anyone else had other methods of treatment that irk well.
Thanks in advance :-)
It was a relief to hear that it does go into remission occasionally.. I am in a lot of pain with mine right now. I soak the feet in epsom salts, aloe vera gel, and put lots of different creams on them.. Tell me are you a smoker? I have maybe one cigarette a day.. they say more folks get this that smoke.. I don't know.. wish there was a miracle! Where do you get the coal tar? Is that what made yours go away?

The Following User Says Thank You to cbmorgan For This Useful Post:
Todd74 (04-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
(male)

Khokan HB User

Hello, I'm also suffering with palmoplantar pustulosis for about an year. I'm from Bangladesh and currently living in south Korea. I'll share my entire story another day. I am currently using "Clobetasol propionate 0.05% w/w" ointment and it seems working well to keep this chronic disease under control. One important thing I want to share that after using this ointment u need to wrap around ur palm and sole with a plastic to get the best use of this ointment. I do the exact thing before going to bed.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
(female)

Todd74 HB User

Cbmorgan,
Sorry to hear you are also in pain with this.
I do not smoke now and haven't done for over 6 years.When I first had the problem arise at 17 I did smoke and was told this was one of the factors in causing the problem but as I say I don't smoke now and still get it.
To be honest coal tar only helps with keeping the cracks from being painful I don't think it is a cure. It is also very messy and very smelly. You should be able to get it from your doctor.
I will say that it is important not to put anything too scented on them as this can make the problem worse and I find bubble bath and soap can make the problem flare terribly.
How long have you had the problem and if you don't mind me asking how old are you and when it started?
Khonsu look forward to hearing more from you, yes I also wrap my feet in plastic bags to get the best result. Not very pleasant but the only way I can guarantee being able to walk in the morning without agonising cracks.

Closed Thread