It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
(male)

leavei HB User
Guttate Psoriasis - some questions

Hi all,
I was recently diagnosed with guttate psoriasis. I have a few questions that I occurred to me since the diagnosis and was hoping I could get some help on here.

1. The psoriasis is present on my forehead and scalp.
2. My skin that does not have the psoriasis is also becoming very dry and seems irritated as well.
3. Any cuts that I had or have gotten since the psoriasis began presenting itself are not healing properly. They are simply turning into big pink blotches, as if the entire area scarred over.

Is any of this unusual? I'm curious because not much of this has been discussed on any sites I have looked at. Does it suggest any other problem or issue that I should be aware of or is this all fairly normal? I have had some rather unusual skin conditions since I was young such as a single chicken pock at 6 months and shingles when I was only 1. I have also been diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency, which I have read is related to skin problems. I also have had heart and circulation issues since birth. Is it possible that I have an underlying issue? I do not expect people to have answers to all of these questions, but any response is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by leavei; 05-29-2011 at 12:51 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to leavei:
VegasCathy (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
(female)

VegasCathy HB User
Re: Guttate Psoriasis - some questions

I will tell you what really made a difference for me... I have suffered with Psoriasis for almost 12 years before I started to actually STOP the medication. I gave up on creams and meds and started to look at what I really can do to cope with the my skin condition... I read some where that eating RAW and going VEGAN will improve the immune system. I did some google, bought some books etc etc and actually went RAW and VEGAN. Before I observed any change in my skin condition, I lost some pounds.. LOL... That was a good start. Soon I saw that my confidence is back (may be coz I lost some extra pounds) and surprisingly I was thinking less about my skin conditions... I suddenly wanted to go out and explore the night life of Vegas (Living in Vegas, you cannot help the craving for night clubs). I was on a VEGAN diet and was following the instructions to the word. It sure made a difference.

Changing what you eat can make all the difference in the world. The body is filled with toxins from the air we breathe to the food we eat. The best way to remove these toxins is through the urine and not through the skin; this is especially important for sufferers of psoriasis like you and me.

It is best to change our eating habits as soon as possible to alleviate the symptoms. Eating whole foods as opposed to processed foods is a good start. You want to keep the toxins in the system to a minimum and this can be done by eating organic produce instead of produce grown using pesticides. If organic food is out of your reach, make sure to at least to wash off fruits and vegetables well to remove all the chemicals.
Raw is the best way to consume vegetables because they lose some nutrients when cooked. Raw vegetables are higher in fiber and are easy for the digestive system to process. Some foods that are easy for the digestive system to process are beans, seafood, nuts, green, leafy vegetables, and fresh fruit. The more fruit and vegetables that are in your diet the less likely you are to develop allergies.

Fats are normally not great for your body, but they body does need a small amount of fatty acids to properly function. Fatty acids play a part in eliminating and reducing inflammation. Some of the best fatty acids you can add to the diet are cold water fish, flaxseed, and green leafy vegetables.

High sodium food is not good for you and it can leave you dehydrated. Not all salt is created equal. Switching out your refined salt with sea salt is more natural, healthy choice. Natural sea salt will raise your energy, help relieve the symptoms of allergies and rashes, protect against radiation, balance the acid in the body, give you important minerals, add resistance to infection, and replace lost electrolytes.

By simply changing what you eat, the body can take steps to naturally heal itself and stay more healthy.

Dr Katy Wilson did some amazing research in this area. Her research and findings have helped many patients think less and nothing about Psoriasis over the years. Follow the link below and see if you can make any use of her work.

Please do some googling on below topics... You will see what I mean...
1. Does going RAW and VEGAN improve the Immune system
2. Does a good Immune system reduce the outbreaks and snow fall

Shoot me any questions you have... My patches look much better now. I can send you some current pictures if you would like to see the difference...

Love ya... Cathy

Last edited by VegasCathy; 06-01-2011 at 05:57 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to VegasCathy:
gr8fisch (08-12-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to VegasCathy For This Useful Post:
gr8fisch (08-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
(male)

audreyjudith HB User

I tried a macro biotic diet, it didnt work. i use psoriatrax shampoo. its the only thing that completely clears up the psoriasis

Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
(female)

gr8fisch HB User

Great post. I've been on the HCG diet for 45 days with no glutens or caseins. Also dropped 19 pounds so far, & lo & behold, 85% of the 'stress-induced psoriasis' on left ear & nape/scalp is gone. No oils, flours, legumes, most fruits, sugar, starch. Only chicken, some fish, some vegies. The fewer combinations (possibly pH & enzyme issues) the better I feel. No itching after the first couple of weeks on this program, & yes, focusing on life, not the problem is a big plus.

I use steamed vegies, raw, no organic stuff for expense, but wild-caught, not farmed fish, & as clean as I can get fresh or frozen chicken. I did pretty well on The Blood Type Diet, which I could stick to more than less. This time I'm getting certain that most dairy, even kefir & good yogurt is better less than more, as well as limiting most acidic things (sweet fruits, sugar, etc).

Relaxation exercises & meditation appears to be increasing the results as well.

Also, no oils or additives, preservatives, perfumes, colorings in foods or body products including hair stuff, cosmetics, lotions, creams. I've been using Cellfood drops & gel, ASAP gel, plain aloe vera gel for body & hair, cornstarch baby powder, not talc, Bare Minerals, & even stopped using sunscreen & bugspray.

The thing that I didn't expect, is my body is 'telling' me it doesn't like most of this stuff anyway....and.... I haven't been sunburned, gotten scaly dry (a little dry... I live in Houston... it's been 3-digits hot & I work out of the sun but outdoors 5 days a week for 5 hours) & my hip joints stopped hurting.

And... I have had posted about weird pains that I think are liver related...so when this HCG program goes into maintenance, I'm going to start using a liver cleansing herbal combination as I believe there are some old things trying to excrete & need some extra help.

Last edited by gr8fisch; 08-12-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
(male)

australianboy HB User

There is a UVB comb that you can use.
There is also a comb that has fiber optic attachment that enables the light to pass your hair and reach the scalp.
There are expensive UVB laser machines like this in some clinics, and some, cheaper for home use with a normal UVB lamp. The difference is only the treatment time.
Using a shampoo with coal tar is also very good and might solve the problem. Use high percentage like 5 percent and leave 10 minutes before washing.
The forehead normally just needs sunlight, 1 hour a day for one week is enough.
In any case do not use steroid ointments as they just increase the problem, my advise.

Closed Thread

Tags
guttate, heart, psoriasis, skin, tachyardia