It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
(female)

LadyLortab HB User
I can't sleep and need relief

I recently was daignosed with psoriasis by an allergist. I am unable to get into a dermatologist so my dr. started me on Dovonex Ointment. The pharmacy gave me cream instead and irritated my psoriasis to the point I was vomiting because of the constant pain and itching (it was really wearing on my nerves). Both of my arms are covered from my wrists to about two inches above my elbows and it's constantly irritated (air, sheets, blankets, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, EVERYTHING) and I've started using Protopic Ointment. It works amazingly, but in the past few days my arms have flaired back up and I cannot sleep again. I just don't know what to do. I'm in nursing school and need to rest. I already feel like a leper because of these horrible looking arms and I'm self conscious in front of my patients... I'm just lost and afraid it really may ruin my future (cause me to fail nursing school due to lack of sleep).

Any suggestions, please...

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyLortab:
cnadonna (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
(male)

australianboy HB User
Re: I can't sleep and need relief

Try to get as much sun as you can or UV treatments in a clinic, or medical UVB lamp at home.
If you can stay few hours every day in the sun for 3 weeks the psoriasis will be cured for 6 months or so,
In the clinic the UVB treatments take only few minutes but it is the same like few hours in the sun.
Check if your medical plan has a UVB lamp or UVB treatments.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-01-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

cnadonna HB User
Re: I can't sleep and need relief

Have you considered any contraindications from your diet. I know some foods can have side effects with certain meds topical/oral. let me know. I will pray for your speedy recovery.

Closed Thread