It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

mariannion HB User
Psoriasis & Hair Dye

I have been dying my hair for roughly 5 years but I am a little concerned at the moment. I have had psoriasis for as long as I can remember but it was always confined to a small area under my hair at the top of my neck, recently it has started to spread into my hairline and fringe area, since it hasn't done this before i'm a little worried about dying my hair again. At the moment i'm using DiproSalic and Capasal shampoo to keep it under control and it isn't too itchy, just flakey and not as scaly as it can be, would I be ok to dye it?? Read on another site that someone's hair fell out but their case sounded more severe than mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
(female)

mariannion HB User
Re: Psoriasis & Hair Dye

well since no one replied (and someone else may want to answer to a similar question) I went ahead and dyed my hair anyway, and it's fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

Finest1104 HB User
Re: Psoriasis & Hair Dye

I have psoriasis on scalp, ears, arms and knees. I also dye my hair maybe once a yr. grays have started to come out. I find that if I apply an olive oil based warm oil lightly with a cotton ball on scalp over night it helps control flare ups after dying. I use an ammonia free hair dye. No need to wash out before dying hair. Seems I am clear of flakes for a week, then they come back. Winter is the worse. My problem probably got worse recently when I got Keratin Straightening treatment. Went from front of scalp to entire head. Hope you find a solution.....and please share.

Reply Reply