It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 05:00 AM   #1

Pink Floyd HB User
Post psoriasis/eczema and diet

ANy link between them? Is the candida explanation viable? Please, share your experiences. This may be the last ray of hope for one of my family members. Thanks

Old 01-14-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
I've had psoriasis for many years and I never found where my diet affected it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The only way I was able to get rid of mine also was going to a tanning bed. I went 2 years ago and it's been in remission ever since. Once again, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. But you (or family member) could give it try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
(female)

veree HB User
Dawnrise, how long did you do the tanning bed thing before you saw a difference? My daughter has had this for 30 years. Maybe she should look into it.She's done the plastic wrap thing and everything imaginable. Glad I read this post

Old 01-17-2003, 01:57 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Dawnrise HB User
I think I went about 10 or 15 times. But everybody is different and also may not help everyone. But it's worth a try. Good luck!

Old 01-20-2003, 09:35 PM   #5

crcaz HB User
Drinking 8+ cups of water, cardio or saunas also help to perspire/flush toxins from your skin.

The eczema that I have is nearly %100 contained by this w/ the addition of a very low sugar, low dairy diet, high fiber diet. Also, I use caprylic acid (natural anti-biotic), kyodophilus or pb-8 (probiotics) and pau'd'arco. HTH

Old 01-20-2003, 09:53 PM   #6

dreamwver HB User
My father, when he was in his 60's had open heart surgery. We were amazed when his extreme case of psoriasis, which covered most of his body, completely disappeared after this surgery. I think it was because of the blood transfusions they had to give him. Considering the intensity of his condition, and the fact that he had psoriasis everywhere--under his nails, in his ears, etc., it was a major surprise when her remained psoriasis free for over a month.

I did notice that he did not have any outbreaks where there were a lot of sweat glands, like under the arm. He had an ultra-violet box that he used every day for years but it didn't help much---made his skin dark and leathery. Also, I did read at a psoriasis site that diet can play a role. I think they said red meat and alcohol could aggravate the condition. I never heard anything about candida having a connection to psoriasis but it could.

Anyway, I think the blood transfusion thing should be investigated. And I do hope your family member finds relief.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #7

puppybreathgirl HB User
Unhappy

I have had Psoraisis since I was 2 (39 now!)mainly scalp.....came and went through the years. Then 5 years ago while planning my wedding my scalp became worse (thought it was due to stress and would calm down, it didn't). Now after having my first child last july...it has spread to my elbows and legs! What is the relation between childbirth and spreading psoraisis? Hormones? Has anyone else noticed this? Also, has anyone found success with lowering sugar intake? My creams and cortizone injections and light box therapy aren't working. Anyone try zinc ozide?

Old 04-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #8

prisana HB User
I had a major outbreak of psoriasis several years ago. My doctor tried all the usual treatments but nothing helped. He finally did inter-lesion steriod injections. Not much fun to have done but made a dramatic difference. I have not had a break out on my body since the injections. I had one small spot on my groin and my doctor started me on hormone therapy and that cleared that up. My only problem now is that I have psoriasis under some of my toenails. Hope this helps some.

Closed Thread