It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User
Could this be psoriasis?

I have oval shaped, pink colored, itchy, scabby feeling things that started on the side of my rib cage. They bleed if I scratch them (won't do that again). At first, it was just one, now there's a bunch, but they're not "connected". My mom had scalp psoriasis, my sister has it in her ear (yuck) Tried hydracortisone cream, didn't do a thing. No insurance, so no doctor. Could this be psoriasis?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Could this be psoriasis?

It could be given your family history. However psoriasis lesions are usually silvery white on top and bleed underneath the scales that form when the scales are picked off. Another common rash is pityriasis rosea, which causes pink-salmon colored oval small lesions, like 1/2 inch or so in size, and often starts with one big lesion, like an inch, called a herald lesion, before the smaller ones appear. It is benign and the usual treatments is sun exposure and antihistamines for the itch. You could do a search for pityriasis pictures and see if that looks similar. It is benign, more of a nuisance, but can last for months to a year or so and then generally disappears. Psoriasis is often accompanied by pitted looking fingernails, like small nail dents.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User
Re: Could this be psoriasis?

I looked at photos and it does look like some of the pictures, although I have no large spots. Mine are about the size of a pencil eraser. I've had these about 2 years with more cropping up. iThey do bleed when I scratch them off, but they come right back. It doesn't appear life threatening, so I'll leave it alone for now. Thanks for the insight.

Reply Reply