It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Psoriasis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

Rebeccasmiles HB User
Is this psoriasis, eczema, or other?!

Hello, I'm an 18 year old girl who was just told by her doctor (no dermo) that a red, dry, snake like rash on my neck "might be" psoriasis. Since then I've developed a multitude of patches of a rash that hardly hold any resemblance to my neck rash. It's skin colored, or sometimes white when scratched bumps in clusters on very dry raised skin. When I itch it reddens or spreads at times. It's on my neck, inner elbows and underneath my bra line. Any ideas as to what this might be or how to prevent it from spreading/worsening?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
(female)

cnanva25 HB User
Re: Is this psoriasis, eczema, or other?!

It's hard to say what it is without seeing a Dr. From what I have read, P occurs mostly on elbows, knees, scalp and lower back, but it can appear anywhere, and there are 5 different kinds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

Tionna HB User

have your doctor do a test to see what it is for sure and then you can treat the issue. My brother had to have a small patch of skin removed to be tested and then they found out he has eczema. He has a cream to put on it and has certain restrictions, on soaps and such.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

jellybean3009 HB Userjellybean3009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tionna View Post
have your doctor do a test to see what it is for sure and then you can treat the issue. My brother had to have a small patch of skin removed to be tested and then they found out he has eczema. He has a cream to put on it and has certain restrictions, on soaps and such.
Do you have any idea what cream he used? I have used prescription meds and over the counter creams to clear my eczema but so far nothing has helped.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
(female)

WoeHoss HB User

Psoriasis generally develops on your joints (and tends to go hand-in-hand with arthritis), but it can appear anywhere. Usually red and inflamed with silvery patches that flake off and can be itchy. What you're describing could be a type of psoriasis, but I'm leaning more toward eczema. I've seen a lot of psoriasis as it runs in my family, and there are some medications you can get that are proven to help clear it up although they can be damaging to the liver. Whether it's psoriasis or eczema though, most resources I've read agree to avoid heavily scented soaps, body sprays, and lotions as they can cause more irritation. Lye based soaps can dry out your skin and cause more irritation too. Best way to determine what it is is to see a dermatologist. Once you pinpoint what it is, you'll be better able to take action against it spreading or getting worse.

Reply Reply

Tags
eczema, psoriasis, rash